CVS export not working in Windows 4.6.1.617

Options

I have 1Password 4.6.1.617. When I try to export in CVS it generates a tab delimited file ?! I set up a 1password account to sync between several devices. I need to get my vault in the 1password cloud.

Worst case I can write a script to convert tab dlimited to CVS but I really have other things to do ...

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Win 7 Pro
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:CVS not working

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@bptsj,

I haven't look at 1Password 4 for Windows' CSV output in a long time - It used to be CSV (so I'd be surprised if this changed). Maybe it changes based upon Locale?

Regardless, any good spreadsheet should be able to read TSV and save as CSV.

• bptsj
    bptsj
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I tried a simple 1 line export and it didn't work when trying to import into my.1password. This same file does import okay into 1password on my Windows 7 laptop.

sample file:
    AgileBits10,https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/register, bxrsy,395Farside173

Is the issue with the my.1password import?? I'm trying to migrate my 1password vault to my new my.1password account.

Thanks,

• Hi @bptsj,

Sorry for the confusion here. The import feature on the website is geared towards importing data from third party services and not from 1Password.

Migrating your 1Password data from a local vault to your 1Password.com account is quite easy. You can do it from within 1Password 6 for Windows. Simply follow the steps outline in our 'Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account' guide.

If you have any other questions, please contact us again.

Cheers,

Alex

• bptsj
    bptsj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the info. That worked for me!

• That's great to hear!

Don't hesitate to write us again if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.