[Bug] Browser unlock remains unlocked plus main app doesn't unlock after browser unlcok

Options
Martok
Martok
Community Member

When 1Password 6.5.BETA-7 is unlocked via the browser, there are 2 issues:

1. The main app isn't unlocked - if you switch from the browser after unlocking there to the main app, it asks you to enter your master password (it didn't used to do this, if it was unlocked in the browser it was unlocked in the main app).
  2. 1Password remains unlocked in the browser for several hours after unlocking via the browser (even though the main app is locked and the setting in main app is to lock the app after 10 minutes of no use). This is still the case even if the browser is closed and it only locks again if the mobile device is rebooted.

I am not using the pin code option in 1Password, I always unlock it using my master password.

Issue 2 is clearly a security concern as anyone who gets hold of the device can log into websites many hours later.
Issue 1 is an annoyance to have to unlock a second time from the main app.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1 and 5.1.1
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• saad
    Options

@Martok Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are correct in assuming the second issue you reported is a major security concern and we will get our team on it immediately.

However, I was unable to replicate this locking behaviour on my devices while playing around with my Security settings. I would like to look at your 1Password preferences and try to understand the problem further. Please create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to understand this issue better. Thanks very much!

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic sent, the support ID is [#RQP-42238-347].

• saad
    Options

Thanks! Let's continue our conversation over email :)

This discussion has been closed.