Missing from 1Password Generator options.

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

At this point, there is very little control over the Password Generator for 1Password 6.2.333. The option (slider) to control the number of digits is missing. There is also no selection for diceware or pronounceable options. Does it appear that diceware is the default now? I forget which is which!! The best I can do for the moment is to click Regenerate.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: It sounds like you're seeing something I'm not, since I've got the option to use either Characters or Words (similar to Diceware™). However, there is now only a since slider for the password length, and Digits and Symbols are just checkboxes that can be toggled, as opposed to having multiple separate (competing) controls for letters, numbers, and special characters. Are you seeing something different than that too?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I'm seeing that too. How do I enter the number of digits if that is what I want? I once had an issue on a site, though they stopped allowing logins entirely, that only allowed digits! No alphabets and not shift characters at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: It isn't possible to select the number of digits. If you enable the "Digits" option, you'll have one or more (which is useful for sites that have this requirement). However, you make a good point about cases where only numbers are allowed. Thanks for bringing this up!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty,

Most routers by default have all numeric password pasted on the hardware itself? I ought to change it but I have discovered that the ISP can reset it too! WPA2 is what I use.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: You've got the point here. :+1: Again, thank you for bringing this up. I will pass it along, so we could have a further discussion.

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Greg,

One more thing. I would need all numerics for the generation of 6 Digit PIN codes like if I wanted to change my ATM PINs, rather than guess a number.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

Good point! I wouldn't have thought of that since my bank chose my PIN for me -- hopefully at random... :unamused:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Yeah. I could change it myself but to what!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Machines are so much better at generating random numbers! :) Your suggestion is taken and added to our discussion. Thanks!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

The best that I can do given the current limitations is to set the numerals to 8 max. 10 digits. Minimum alphabets in iOS is 4 characters

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I played with my iOS numbers generator. Minimum Characters 4. To get 4 PIN numbers dial in 4 and 6 for 6 numbers. No alphabets show up. It would seem then that numbers have priority over letters then?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You may be right, though I'm not certain if that's a bug or a feature. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.