Crashing on Sierra [1Password 3 supports Snow Leopard and Lion]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Consistent crash searching/editing items.

Comments

• ssikkema
    ssikkema
    Community Member

Me too. This has been happening for a few months on my iMac with mac OS Sierra 10.12.2. I have the latest update Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). I have a copy of the Problem Details and System Config if needed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ssikkema: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the legacy 1Password 3 Mac forum since you're using that version and not 1Password 6 on iOS as the other user was.

1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. El Capitan in particular introduced a number of incompatibilities. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 6, one the other hand, fully supports OS X Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. I hope this helps! :)

• ssikkema
    ssikkema
    Community Member

Thanks for splitting that off, Brently. Sorry about putting it in the wrong place. One quick question: can I use 1pw6 without a subscription, and continue to use Dropbox across all my devices?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

Thanks for splitting that off, Brently. Sorry about putting it in the wrong place.

@ssikkema: No need to apologize! Just doing my job and didn't want to make you think you were going crazy. ;)

One quick question: can I use 1pw6 without a subscription, and continue to use Dropbox across all my devices?

Absolutely! You'll need to purchase any individual apps you need, but you can use your existing license to get a discount on the desktop version through the AgileBits Store. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.