Can't remove item from watch via Mac

jrlowell
jrlowell
Community Member

If on 1PW Mac you remove an "Apple Watch" tag from an item that was previously added to the watch, the tag is successfully removed from the iPhone, but the item remains on the watch. To remove the item from the watch you have to add it again from the phone then remove it from phone.

Seems to me if 1PW IOS syncs the deleted tag correctly from the Mac it should also remove the item from the watch as if "remove from watch" were selected.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't remove item from watch via Mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jrlowell: I'm not able to reproduce this, but without the information you left out of your post I may be testing something very different than what you're using. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using a 1Password.com Account, or a local vault? I opened 1Password on my Mac and removed the Apple Watch tag from a Wireless Router item, saved, opened 1Password on my watch to... well, watch it, opened 1Password on my iPhone (so it could sync the change) and verified that the tag was gone, and within about 3 seconds I saw the item disappear from my watch. Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• jrlowell
    jrlowell
    Community Member

1PW 653000
    OS X 10.12.3 (iMac)
    IOS 10.2 (iPhone 7)
    WatchOS 3.1 (Apple Watch - Original)

Using 1PW.com Account

@brenty, This scenario assumes no prior items have been added to apple watch.

1. On iPhone: select a login in 1PW & add to Apple Watch
      Result: item appears in 1pw on apple watch, “Apple Watch” tag appears in item on Mac, iPhone shows item with “Remove from Apple Watch”

2. On Mac, select “Apple Watch” tag in the item just added, enter edit mode and delete the tag. Save
      Result: On iPhone, the item selected no longer shows “Remove from Apple Watch”, instead, it shows “Add to Apple Watch, on Apple Watch, the item still shows in 1PW.

3. On iPhone, click “Add to Apple Watch”,
      Result: on iPhone & Mac, item is “tagged” with “Apple Watch”, item remains in watch.

4. On iPhone, click “Remove from Apple Watch”
      Result: Tag removed from item on iPhone and Mac, item remains on Watch.

At this point no matter what you do, the item can not be removed from the watch. However, interestingly, if you add ANOTHER item to the watch it REPLACES the first one. If you then “Remove” that second one via iPhone, the original item shows up again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the watch app but the original item still persists. Any ideas? Is there a way to force resync between iPhone & watch?

• jrlowell
    jrlowell
    Community Member

1PW 653000
    OS X 10.12.3 (iMac)
    IOS 10.2 (iPhone 7)
    WatchOS 3.1 (Apple Watch - Original)

Using 1PW.com Account

@brenty, This scenario assumes no prior items have been added to apple watch.

1. On iPhone: select a login in 1PW & add to Apple Watch
      Result: item appears in 1pw on apple watch, “Apple Watch” tag appears in item on Mac, iPhone shows item with “Remove from Apple Watch”

2. On Mac, select “Apple Watch” tag in the item just added, enter edit mode and delete the tag. Save
      Result: On iPhone, the item selected no longer shows “Remove from Apple Watch”, instead, it shows “Add to Apple Watch, on Apple Watch, the item still shows in 1PW.

3. On iPhone, click “Add to Apple Watch”,
      Result: on iPhone & Mac, item is “tagged” with “Apple Watch”, item remains in watch.

4. On iPhone, click “Remove from Apple Watch”
      Result: Tag removed from item on iPhone and Mac, item remains on Watch.

At this point no matter what you do, the item can not be removed from the watch. However, interestingly, if you add ANOTHER item to the watch it REPLACES the first one. If you then “Remove” that second one via iPhone, the original item shows up again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the watch app but the original item still persists. Any ideas? Is there a way to force resync between iPhone & watch?

• jrlowell
    jrlowell
    Community Member

@Brenty Sorry for the double post ...

I was just reviewing the thread: "Apple watch duplicate entries" which looks to be similar if not related. Before I go through all the steps outlined there, is there any better way?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@jrlowell: Do you mean this discussion? I was thinking the same thing thing as I read your original post, but was trying hard to not jump to any conclusions without more information. Certainly the watch caching data would be a plausible explanation. Definitely try the steps here to see if that resolves the issue for you. If not, then we're dealing with something different and probably need to track down a separate bug. Unfortunately I'm still not able to reproduce what you're seeing. We're working on a beta with additional logging, so if you're still having the same issue I wonder if you'd be willing to try that once it's available. Let me know either way!

This discussion has been closed.