Legacy 1Password Items

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

As I pointed out in another thread, there are some legacy nomenclature like Accounts which does not translate into 1Password Web App. I am still sorting out the Logins and Accounts.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Sorry about that! It's a change that was made a while back, but of course many of us have been using 1Password or much longer! If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'll probably set up a vault called Legacy or something like that.

Thanks!

• Hi @wkleem,

That would be one option... but I'm curious and would love to know more about this. Legacy items should be getting converted into more modern categories automatically before an item makes its way into a 1Password.com vault. Can you elaborate on what you're seeing? I assume in this case that you're talking about an item created in 1Password 3, or possibly something older than that.

Thanks

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@rickfillon,

An issue, perhaps a minor one, is that I have some old devices that I'm keeping. I still have a 17" MacBook Pro (Mid 2009 model) that is 8 years old. It's running El Capitan but I think El Capitan runs slowly on that laptop.

• @wkleem : OK... but how are those items making their way into 1Password.com?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I 'm on Win 7 about 95% of the time these days. I have an AgileKwychain in Dropbox that I use to sync between devices.

• @wkleem : presumably you're using our 1Password 6 app to move the item into 1Password.com? It should be converting the item into a modern type, no?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I know, but I like to keeps things around. .:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha gotcha. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Having installed Lion, I have actually forgotten that Apple hid the User Support folders where 1Password is stored. Now I need to access the Folder but had forgotten the path! Please help. Should be an easy one.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, Lion! I had forgotten which version that had been changed with too. You should be able to get there by opening Finder, pressing ⌘ ⇧ G, and then pasting ~/Library/Application Support/. There you'll have a 1Password folder for version 3 and older, or 1Password 4 for later versions. I hope this helps! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks. That worked. Another issue is that the entire legacy apps for 1Password 1 And 2 MAC is prematurely downloading only 170 bytes. I've tried over 12 times for both v1 and 2 combined with the same results

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, you're right. It looks like we must have broken some of these when moving things around. Thanks for letting us know!

ref: AGW-353

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@brenty,

You're welcome. Any ETA for a fix. I am extracting samples.

• Hi @wkleem - I noticed @brenty opened up an issue for this so we're working on it. I don't have a timeline when this will be fixed at the moment. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and hopefully we will have a fix for this soon :-) We'll keep you posted.

Have a fantastic day!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @Frank.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi

Just a consideration but likely a small one which is that Apple's routers go through the Airport Utility App and not through, typically, 192.168.x.x. I cannot use Logins as there isn't a way to Login via web browser?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, there doesn't seem to be a web interface, and there isn't any way for 1Password to integrate with AirPort Utility, so it's necessary to copy and paste.

This discussion has been closed.