Account is still frozen after paying $9.99 to purchase app

After my trial was up I decided to buy an app via in-app purchase. After I paid $9.99 the app is still frozren and not usable. What a scam? Why am I still being required to pay for subscription? I was paying $9.99 to purchase the app and now appears that I paid $9.99 for a frozen app???!!! Confused and frustrated, please fix.

Comments

• PilarPilar

Team Member

Hi @sibmaxim

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. What got frozen was your account. Your account lets you use 1Password in all your devices and all the platforms as well as access your data via the web interface on any computer. If you write to us to [email protected] with the proof of purchase of the pro features we'll see to add that as a credit on your account for you :chuffed: Please add a link to this thread so we can connect the dots and help you better!

• I am confused. I wanted to buy an app for $9.99, I am not interested in any sort of subscription. What account are you talking about? I simply wanted to buy an app. Are you saing that app is free and what did I pay $10 for then?

• PilarPilar

Team Member

Hi @sibmaxim

I'm sorry for the confusion, there are 2 ways to use 1Password. On one hand, you can store your data locally on your device, and set up syncing to other devices manually. What you bought is 1Password only for your iOS devices. On the other hand you can have a 1Password.com subscription where your data is stored in our servers, you can use 1Password in all your devices (iOS, macOS, Windows and Android) without having to worry about syncing and you also have access to your data on any browser. This second one is how you've been using 1Password.

If you haven't added any items, you can just delete the app, download it again from the AppStore and scroll down to the option "Create a Standalone vault". This way you'll use 1Password locally without a subscription.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.