To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Try to resign in on MacBook and says it cannot find the app

cesoukup
cesoukup
Community Member

I just signed up for 1Password using my MacBook. I am using Google Chrome. First issue--I want to be able to use 1Password on my MacBook, plus a mini-Ipad and Iphone, plus share with my husband. I started inputting information on my MacBook and then decided to get the App. When I sign out and then back in, my MacBook cannot find the App. Also, I tried e-mailing my husband to share with him and the e-mail did not go through. An additional question is that I started out with an individual subscription but then changed because I thought to share with my husband I needed a Team Account. Do I need a Team Account? The 1Password shortcut is not next to the Apple, it is a shortcut symbol next to the search bar on the top of my page. When I click on it, it says I need to have the Extension but I can't download it. Please help. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Try to resign in on MacBook and says it cannot find the app

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cesoukup! Welcome to the forums! :)

First issue--I want to be able to use 1Password on my MacBook, plus a mini-Ipad and Iphone, plus share with my husband.

Then you'll find that our subscription offering is perfect for your scenario. I'll get to that in a bit more detail below. :)

I started inputting information on my MacBook and then decided to get the App.

So you've not used the App until now, but instead accessed your account through the browser only?

When I sign out and then back in, my MacBook cannot find the App.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Are you referring to the website when you say sign out and back in? And what do you mean when you say the MacBook can't find the app? Can you please clarify?

Also, I tried e-mailing my husband to share with him and the e-mail did not go through.

Maybe your husband's email provider / client has misidentified the email as spam? Would you mind checking his spam folder? You can also try to resend the invitation from the Admin Console, once you sign in to your account in your browser.

An additional question is that I started out with an individual subscription but then changed because I thought to share with my husband I needed a Team Account. Do I need a Team Account?

In a scenario where spouses want to use 1Password and potentially share login items, a Family plan usually suffices, unless you need the extra features of a Teams account.

The 1Password shortcut is not next to the Apple, it is a shortcut symbol next to the search bar on the top of my page. When I click on it, it says I need to have the Extension but I can't download it.

You can download the browser extension here. If you run into any trouble downloading or installing the extension, please let me know what error or issue you're seeing. I'll be happy to help.

• cesoukup
    cesoukup
    Community Member

Thank you, Roman. I figured out that I needed to use Safari on my MacBook and that solved that problem. The e-mail to my husband was in a 2nd Junk folder that we had't checked. I believe our problems have been resolved.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@cesoukup - I'm happy to hear your problems have been resolved. If you need anything else, please let us know. We're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.