Leaving team-- procedure for switching to personal account and migrating date

Options

Hello,

I'm leaving my team and I'd love to know the recommended step-by-step procedure for switching to a personal account under my personal email address and migrating over my personal vault data. I'd appreciate any guidance you can provide on this.

Thank you!

Kelly

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kstenhoff! Great question. What I'd recommend doing is creating an individual account for yourself, then using the 1Password app on your Mac to move items into it. You'll need to sign in to your individual account in the app first to do this, and also be signed in to your team one. Then switch to your team Personal vault and move its items to the individual account's Personal vault:

Move items between vaults

Then you are all set. I wish you all the best at your next job. :) We're here if you have some other questions about 1Password.

• kstenhoff
    kstenhoff
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob-- this was super helpful! :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Jacob, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• kstenhoff
    kstenhoff
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob or Brenty,

I have a follow-up question for you. My individual account is working great on my laptop, however I'm having a challenge accessing any passwords at all on my mobile phone 1Password app. I did scan the QC code with my phone, and it shows that the individual account is linked to the app, however there is no data. Could this be due to having a trial subscription at the moment? I can't figure out what else it might possibly be...

Cheers,

Kelly

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kstenhoff: Definitely not a trial limitation. Do you maybe have your data not in your 1Password.com Account, and it's only in a local vault on your Mac — such as Primary? Click the rainbow All Vaults icon in 1Password for Mac, and see what vaults you have listed there. If you see a Primary vault (or any others not listed under your account), any items in there are not a part of your account. You can move the data into your account. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.