I have a license but can't store any new logins because my trial has expired

I never asked for or wanted a trial. I was perfectly happy with my license. Why am I being forced to purchase a monthly subscription? My account is now locked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i have a license but can't save new logins

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @mrudolp

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. You created a 1Password.com account on December 15th of last year, initiating a 30 day trial. 1Password.com accounts are a subscription service. To continue using the account you would need to set up a subscription.

If you do not want the benefits of a 1Password.com account -- including the ability to access your 1Password data from any device, and access to the latest versions of all of the 1Password applications at no additional charge -- you can move your items back to your stand alone vault(s) and then remove the account from the app(s).

I hope that helps! Thanks!

Ben

• Thanks Ben, particularly for your quick and informed response. Could you please tell me howe to move from one vault to the other one and also how to remove the account from the apps?

• RomanRoman 1Password Alumni

Hi @mrudolp - To move your data to a local vault, you'll first make sure that you already have one (called Primary). In case you don't have a local vault, please open and unlock the app, then choose

1Password -> Preferences

and click Advanced. Click the box beside "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" to enable a Primary vault on your computer. This will be stored outside your account.

To copy your items to the Primary vault, click the vault in the top left of the main 1Password window and choose the vault your items are located in. Then select them all by pressing Command-A on your keyboard. With the items selected, choose

Items -> Share -> Primary -> Copy

from the menu bar. You can also click the export button (a little box with an arrow pointing up) on each item, select the Primary vault, and click Copy to quickly move an individual item.

One note: Your Document items will not be moved over. You can download each of them from your old vault and re-attach them to the items they were previously attached to by dragging them to that item in the Primary vault.

Lastly, sign out of your account by clicking

1Password -> Preferences -> Accounts

then the Sign Out button in the bottom right of the window. You can now delete your account from its profile page.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any additional information. We’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.