Help with Dropbox in 1Password 6

This discussion was created from comments split from: set up 1Password with Dropbox.

Comments

• WhoCares
    WhoCares
    Community Member

I have exactly same problem. Please help

• Hi @WhoCares,

Thanks for writing in. I've split your post into its own thread since the other one was many months back and may not be related.

1Password 6 is for 1Password.com subscriptions only and if you'd like to learn more, here's a great starting point and you can sign up on 1Password.com using Chrome or Firefox. If you're only planning the local standalone vaults, you can download 1Password 4 for Windows that will support it completely.

• WhoCares
    WhoCares
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

@MikeT, I find your post is unhelpful.

I am aware of subscriptions. I am testing the family package across Windows and Android devices in my household before I decide whether to buy your product.

Your Android app expects 5.x+ OS and does not work for devices running 4.4.x (yes, it offers limited subset of functions, but as far as users concern it does not work). One of the way, it seems, is to set the sync between my Windows and Android devices via Dropbox. Attempting this I am getting the error: "Unable to locate any .opvault or .agilekeychain folders in your account".

The error message is very unhelpful and it seems there is no information available on how to fix it.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017

Hi @WhoCares,

I'm sorry it wasn't helpful, I should've asked for more details as I didn't know your entire history yet. That error message means that when 1Password asked Dropbox to look for all folders ending in .opvault/.agilekeychain in your Dropbox folder, Dropbox didn't find anything. This could mean a few things:

1. Dropbox hasn't finished syncing from your original device where you initially sync'ed with Dropbox
    2. You could be using a different Dropbox.com account on the original device that is not sharing the 1Password folder with this other Dropbox account you may be using.

However, let's first make sure your Dropbox account do have the 1Password folder. Can you log onto your Dropbox account on the Dropbox's website and see if you can find any folder there that ends in .opvault/.agilekeychain? The default directory would be in Apps > 1Password.

• WhoCares
    WhoCares
    Community Member

No, I am afraid there is nothing in my dropbox.

From the Windows app I go there:

Then I put username/password

Then I grant the permission to access files:

Then for a split moment I get this screen:

And then I get this:

• Hi @WhoCares,

Thanks for the screenshots, it does explain the problem. 1Password on Windows is showing the right thing, there's nothing in your Dropbox folder and thus it shows this message saying it doesn't find any vaults.

Just to clarify further, 1Password 6 for Windows does not support writing to local vaults nor creating new vaults. It can only read existing vaults in your Dropbox folder, that means you have to create it in the other 1Password app first and then ask 1Password 6 for Windows to find it.

Did you enable the Dropbox sync in 1Password for Android app to create that vault? Here's how if you haven't set it up yet.

This discussion has been closed.