1password does not ask to save Logins from Chrome

Options

I am using the 1password mini to fill passwords within all browsers. But it does not ask me to save new passwords. I thought I don't have to download the different browser extensions in addition to 1pass mini. Is that wrong? What can I do?
I'll try to use it together with a chrome extension now, maybe one das have to use it anyway.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• drjones
    drjones
    Community Member
    Options

Well it works with the extension, but I believe to remember, that I could do it with my 1pass mini. Could also be that the safari extension jsut looks different from the chrome one. I'll check that too

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drjones,

For as long as I've been a fan of 1Password it has always required the extension. Indeed when I was a 1Password 3 for Mac user I had to use copy and paste because I was stubbornly an Opera browser user (pre v15 when it was the Presto engine) and 1Password didn't support Opera. The interface should look the same in all browsers too as since version 4 of 1Password for Mac the extension is merely a bridge between the browser and 1Password and the 1Password mini menu is all from the 1Password application. The extension's part is to analyse the page and communicate with 1Password when 1Password tells it to fill but also to recognise when a page looks like it should be saved and to pass those details back to 1Password.

It sounds like everything is up and running now but if you have any questions at all please do let us know.

• drjones
    drjones
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks. Then it was my mistake. I thought I would not require the browser extensions. Sorry for having bothered you.
    cheers

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not at all @drjones, we're here to help :smile: If you have any questions at all please do post them!

This discussion has been closed.