Safari 5.1: Autosubmit not working with Go & Fill

2»

Comments

• App and extension completely up-to-date.

I listed 4 URL's which did not work.

Go & Fill from the app now works for the Wells URL, as long as I'm logged into the extension.

Two of the other three (am3 & mycheckfree) still only work from the extension, and I must be at the URL already.

One of the other three, the Amex, is worse than before. Even if I navigate to the URL, then try Go & Fill from the extension...something additional is occurring which directs me away from the login site. I see the fields filled, but then I'm redirected.
  • Hi Brandt,

Go&Fill goes to the websites but username en logincode stay blank.

https://www.binck.nl
    https://www.arenaonline.nl/Login
    http://www.chrismartenson.com/

I am living in the Netherlands but i tried other than Dutch website but nothing.
    When i login manually 1PW ask to file the login as new but even than it does not function.

Regards,

Monti
  • pjrobertson
    pjrobertson
    Community Member
    monti wrote:

Thnx. I managed to get to Beta-30, but no luck. Go&Fill only goes to the websites and than stays blank.
    I have not upgraded to Lion. Is that the problem? This will really hamper my workflow tomorrow.

Same problem. Safari 5.1. OS X 10.6.8. 1Password 3.6.5
    Tried with numerous websites:
    this forum ( http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login )
    Facebook
    Gumtree
    PayPal
    (I'm trying to pick 'common' websites)

Here's a vid of the problem: http://patjack.co.uk/files/1password.mov

(I've submitted a support request, but thought I'd share it here for other users)
  • pjrobertson
    pjrobertson
    Community Member
    For what it's worth. A clean install of Lion GM using the same .agilekeychain works. Perhaps it's a Snow Leopard problem?
  • Astrojimbo
    Astrojimbo
    Community Member
    Add my name to the growing list of safari 5.1 people that are stuck. Both iPads and my imac are dead in the water. No auto fill, no tool bar. Best I can do is use the program to get to a login page and do the rest manually. Right now P1 is just a secure file to store logins that has to be used manually as near as I can tell. Is there a timetable to fix this?

Jimbo
  • The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    bswins wrote:

Hey rwross,

Have you tried editing your saved login and setting the Submit value to "Never"?

We've received feedback on a number of sites where that is the current workaround.

Please let me know.

Brandt

Brandt,

Yes, I can use the "Never" as a work-around, but currently there are so many logins where autosubmit isn't working that it really isn't practical; I might as well just turn off the option globally in prefs.

I think the situations are quite related to each other with respect to which URLs are not working...have you taken a look at greenmountaincoffee.com, charter.com, and chaseonline.chase.com?
  • Astrojimbo
    Astrojimbo
    Community Member
    Didn't want to leave the impression that I was just venting had not tried all the fixes mentioned. Have tried everything except I was unable to get the beta 30 extension just 28. Have the toolbar icon but strangely when I try to use it asks me to log in when I am already logged in and the drop down does not save the login. I am running Snow Leopard (no Lyon upgrade) and since most of the logins work on the iPad it suggests that the OS is at least partly the issue. We have 80 logins and I did a fast check on the iPads and found that about 80% of the logins do work as far as the autofill but you have to manually click to enter the site so the problem is more acute on the iMac. Jimbo
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Hey rwross,

Thanks for replying with specific URLs to test. It really helps us to know, so we can investigate options for correcting the behaviors.

I already have Green Mountain and Chase accounts, so that made my testing a lot quicker. I did have to create a test account for Charter.

Running Lion, 1P 3.6.5, Safari 5.1 and 1P's Safari extension 3.6.5.BETA-30, here were my results:

Green Mountain
    greenmountaincoffee.com: Page Filled correctly, but autosubmitted regardless of the Submit setting. Worked correctly with Autosubmit globally disabled in 1Password > Preferences on the Logins tab. This website has been added to our list of sites that require further investigation.

Charter
    charter.com: Page Filled correctly and did NOT autosubmit regardless of the Submit setting (i.e., Auto, Always or Never)

Chase
    chaseonline.chase.com: Page Filled correctly and did NOT autosubmit regardless of the Submit setting (i.e., Auto, Always or Never)

You will need to manually submit for Charter and Chase, but you will need to copy/paste for Green Mountain.

We are working hard to correct the behavior on sites that are not working properly, and we appreciate it when members post specific URLs.

Thank you again for the reply.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • pavelbure
    pavelbure
    Community Member
    Go and fill wont even load for me in firefox 5, and in safari it will load, but just goes to a website and sometimes loads up the info and sometimes it doesn't, depending on the site.

Running lion with everything updated.
  • Hey pavelbure,

Will you please let us know on which URLs you are experiencing this behavior?

We would love to help, but we have to know where you are experiencing the problems.

Thanks!

Brandt
  • bswins - I've posted specific URL's and updated the results as the app and extension were updated. ??

Betzler wrote:

For me, Go & Fill doesn't work at all.

The site loads, but no field is filled. I've tried quite a few which I know worked perfectly before upgrading to Lion. I've already submitted these to support, but here are a couple:

http://www.am3inc.com/?q=node/19

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&inav=iNavLnkLog

https://mycheckfree.com

https://www.wellsfargo.com/

And I've tried Go & Fill a couple different ways (Dock, Safari extension, main app...) - nothing works.

I appreciate the challenges of an upgraded OS and the need for a complete extension re-design.

But at their current functionality (app and extension) I don't have even the most basic features of the program. An Excel sheet would serve me better.

Edit:
    The extension is suddenly working for these sites (all of it: Go & Fill, then Autosubmit), but from the app still does not.

Betzler wrote:

roustem - thanks for posting a reply.

I upgraded to both versions indicated. Still no success, and it's actually worse if I'm not logged into both the app and the extension.

If I try Go & Fill from the app Safari opens to the URL, no fields are filled and the extension vault pops up requesting the master password.

And a correction to my edit: the extension works IF I first navigate to the URL. Then the extension correctly matches the appropriate login, advance to the login details and select Go & Fill. The fields are filled and autosubmit works.

This is the case for all four URL's I listed.

Betzler wrote:

App and extension completely up-to-date.

I listed 4 URL's which did not work.

Go & Fill from the app now works for the Wells URL, as long as I'm logged into the extension.

Two of the other three (am3 & mycheckfree) still only work from the extension, and I must be at the URL already.

One of the other three, the Amex, is worse than before. Even if I navigate to the URL, then try Go & Fill from the extension...something additional is occurring which directs me away from the login site. I see the fields filled, but then I'm redirected.
  • pavelbure
    pavelbure
    Community Member
    On safari,

att.com will not
    comcast will
    capital one will

im not going to go through them all at this time. Still can't get it to even load in firefox.
  • pjrobertson
    pjrobertson
    Community Member
    I'd just like to reiterate I'm having problems on *every* website.
    Here are a few I've tested with:
    http://forum.agile.ws
    http://facebook.com
    http://paypal.com
    http://gmail.com

(as you can see, they're all really common websites)

I've tried pretty much everything and just can't get the 'fill' part to work. Really frustrating :(
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Hello to all those waiting for a response. You have not been forgotten, although I understand why you may be concerned since you haven't received a specific reply here yet.

For those running Snow Leopard:

There is a known issue that using Go & Fill from outside of the browser (1Password application, dock menu) is not working under Snow Leopard. It opens the site in a new tab/window but does not fill or submit. We are investigating the problem, and will report more once we have additional information.

For those running Lion:

I have a list of the URLs each of you provided (thank you!), and I am testing each using different combinations of settings. I will post my results when I am done testing. In the interim, please post any updates you may have to this thread.

Thanks to all for your patience during the wait.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member
    edited July 2011
    Yep, I'm having the same problem on Snow Leopard. I'm temporarily moving to Firefox, which does work, until this gets resolved. Would really like to have my 1Password functionality back in Safari. :)
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Hello kcrossley and welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for confirming the issue on your SL system.

Please check back for updates on the issue.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • pjrobertson
    pjrobertson
    Community Member
    bswins wrote:

For those running Snow Leopard:

There is a known issue that using Go & Fill from outside of the browser (1Password application, dock menu) is not working under Snow Leopard. It opens the site in a new tab/window but does not fill or submit.

Great, thanks bswins. That's exactly what I wanted to hear :)
    I was puzzled as to why it was working on my Lion GM install but not Snow Leopard.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We're working to resolve this! Thanks for keeping us on our toes. :-)
  • pavelbure
    pavelbure
    Community Member
    ok, maybe I can help my cause a little bit better. When I did my lion install I did a fresh install, dragged my 1password app from from my applications folder on my super duper backup drive along with the library file. I put them in their correct locations on lion. Like I have said before, for the most part everything works fine, except command + option + \ will not open my go and fill log in thingy like it does in safari.

Now, I went and booted into my Super Duper drive which had a basic normal (not clean) install of lion, so my old user profile was still there. Now go and fill will work on that in lion. So something is telling me that there may be another thing I have to drag over to get this to work.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the firefox 1password plugin which did not work.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This sounds like a possible problem with keyboard shortcuts in Firefox. If you are able to pull up the Go & FIll HUD in Firefox by selecting the menu item View > Show Logins then there is probably some conflict with the keyboard shortcut. Could you start another thread for that if that is the case?

Thanks!
  • pavelbure
    pavelbure
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

This sounds like a possible problem with keyboard shortcuts in Firefox. If you are able to pull up the Go & FIll HUD in Firefox by selecting the menu item View > Show Logins then there is probably some conflict with the keyboard shortcut. Could you start another thread for that if that is the case?

Thanks!

Ok I found the problem, may be a problem with others also. It may or not be firefox, but, the same command to go and fill is used by the system for "image smoothing on or off"

Got to system preferences >>>>> keyboard >>>>>> universal access >>>> Turn image smoothing on or off

Once I unchecked that go and fill worked fine for me.

Thank you for pointing me in the general direction to fixing this problem. :)
  • pavelbure wrote:

Ok I found the problem, may be a problem with others also. It may or not be firefox, but, the same command to go and fill is used by the system for "image smoothing on or off"

Got to system preferences >>>>> keyboard >>>>>> universal access >>>> Turn image smoothing on or off

Once I unchecked that go and fill worked fine for me.

Thank you for pointing me in the general direction to fixing this problem. :)

Thanks for the update!
  • Well so far, nice all the updates, but I did not hear anything about Go&Fill not working in SL. What is the problem?
    I am getting a bit tired searching the forum for news. If you can not solve the problem just tell us/me than I come
    back in a few days/weeks or I can go search for an alternative.

Thnx.
This discussion has been closed.