Bought 1Password on iMac, Need on iPad and iPhone

gthroop
gthroop
Community Member

I bought 1Password through the App Store on my iMac, it works well here and on my MacBook Pro. I just went to set it up on my iPad and iPhone and I have been struggling for an hour trying to figure out what is going on from there. Do I have to pay for another subscription on my iOS devices? I bought it to work across all my devices, iCloud already does a pretty good job of this. Please help, I got totally lost in your documentation. I now have two applications installed on my iMac following the directions, very confusing. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.3 (653001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gthroop,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you plan to use 1Password on multile devices a 1Password.com subscription account is the way to go. With an account, you won’t have to worry about dealing with licensing and you can easily use 1Password on all your devices. You can use the account to sync your devices automatically — third-party services like Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required. Simply sign into your account and all of your 1Password data is there. You can learn more here:

What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

To migrate over to a 1Password.com account all you need to do is follow this super handy guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Since you already made a purchase from the Mac App Store we'd be happy to help you transition over. Please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with:

1) A copy of your receipt from the App Store
    2) A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74753/
    3) Your forum username: gthroop
    4) The email address you use when signing up for a 1Password account, as detailed above

When you do so you'll get an automated reply back from BitBot. This email will contain a Support ID. Please post that Support ID in a reply here. That way we can "connect the dots" and make the process as smooth as possible for you.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.