1Password 6 App for Windows 10 shows white screen, when launching

My OnePassword 6 App on Windows 10 shows a white screen, when starting the app. I can´t logg in or something else the app is full white. I´ve provided a screenshot on my server, so that you can see. https://owdesign.de/1pwd.png

1Password Version: 6?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1607
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @OWiesenberg,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

Did 1Password 6 on this PC work correctly before or was it always like that? Also, please specify:

• Do you have a Riva Tuner or nVidia's software installed on this PC?
    • How many monitors you have in your setup?

There was a thread with a similar issue recently, so we need some additional info to investigate. Thanks in advance!

I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• OWiesenberg
    OWiesenberg
    Community Member

Hello @Greg,

1Password6 did never work on this PC before. I installed it for the first time on my machine.
    I don´t have riva tuner or nVidia software installed on my pc. It is the HP Spectre Pro Ultrabook with only a Intel Chipset as a GPU. I have a second Montior connected via Thunderbolt3. If I have only the laptop monitor the 1Password6 App shows the same issue. I think it is a visual glitch, as I can click into the white screen and the help window opens in Chrome.

Thanks,
    Oliver

• Hi @OWiesenberg,

Can you tell us what help window opened up in Chrome, a screenshot would help a lot and it may help us narrow down where it could be.

• OWiesenberg
    OWiesenberg
    Community Member

Actually I can´t find the help page any more, but if I click randomly at on specific place it shows me the context menu shown in the picture above.

• Hi @OWiesenberg,

That's the sign-in page of the 1Password account, there's a button on top where you can scan your 1Password's account barcode to fill the data in. That means the app is working but there's a very weird glitch on top where Windows can't render the view to you.

Can you email us your Windows logs that might share some more information on this. Here's how:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events. Sort it by date, so you can grab anything coming in after doing step 3.
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. Select all of the messages that came in on top after you reproduce the issue with 1Password and right-click on them to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• OWiesenberg
    OWiesenberg
    Community Member

I´ve sent you the E-Mail.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

I have located your email on our side and we will reply to you as fast as possible. Thank you! :+1:

ref: WPK-81197-199

• OWiesenberg
    OWiesenberg
    Community Member

Hey @Greg,

I´ve tested the current Beta and have the same problem. I´ve also tested it on Windows7 and it works fine. Maby it is only a Windows 10 Problem.

Cheers,
    Oliver

• Hi @OWiesenberg,

I apologize we haven't replied to your email yet, we're shortstaffed due to several illnesses. I'll reply to your email in a bit.

This discussion has been closed.