Problem syncing

Fleischer444
Fleischer444
Community Member

Hi, I have an old account on my android phone thats been syncing with dropbox. I know installed the mac application and im having problems with syncing my old passwords.
New passwords syncs from the mac to android but my old passwords wont sync from android to mac.

Under the android app I can only see dropbox under syncing.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fleischer444: It sounds like you may be syncing them with separate vaults then. Be sure to follow the steps in this guide to verify your setup on each device:

Dropbox troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• Fleischer444
    Fleischer444
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Yes that is the problem. My android app has a vault that is not syncing and I cant move my passwords between vaults on android?
    My 1 password on mac wont let me sync to dropbox because it think its better that I sync from 1password.com. I tried to manually inport the file from dropbox but that wont work either.

When I try dubbelclick on the AgileKeychain 1 password on Mac says import is not supported.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fleischer444: Since 1Password for Mac has an internal database, the easiest thing to do would be to change your sync settings there to use the vault you're already using on your Android device and Merge the data. But if you've setup 1Password for Mac with only a 1Password Account, you'll need to enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced first. That will allow you to double click it to add it. :)

• Fleischer444
    Fleischer444
    Community Member

Hi again, that worked like a charm! But now I have 2 vaults. one that is "primary" and thats the dropbox one and one thats "personal". How do I integrate them into 1 vault and only use 1password ant not dropbox?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fleischer444: If you'd like to use only your 1Password.com Account, just use 1Password for Mac to move your items from the "Primary" (local, syncing with Dropbox) vault to the "Personal" vault (which is part of your account). Then you can disable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced. The best thing to do on Android would be to reinstall the app after that and set it up with only your 1Password.com Account, so that you won't have the the Primary there any longer either. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.