Install on a new PC doesn't open up passwords in browser

Dear all,
running 1password4 on my old PC with WIN 10 - the below software combination works perfect.
But after the install on my new PC 1password4 and the browser extension in combination with iron (55.0.2900.1) 1password can't be opened and password aren't filled in neither saved.

Please assist in solving this.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Win Pro 10.0.14393
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ShaUri,

Thank you for giving us a chance to help! It is strange that 1Password 4 works on your old PC, but not on the new one.

...after the install on my new PC 1password4 and the browser extension in combination with iron (55.0.2900.1) 1password can't be opened and password aren't filled in neither saved.

Could you please describe your actions step by step and tell me what happens next? What do you mean by can't be opened? Do you see any kind of errors? Have you authorised the browser extension?

I am sorry for the number of questions above, but without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we can fix it. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member

I think the issue relates to the authorization. How can I resolve this?

Uninstall and reinstall the browser extension doesn't request the authorization code again.

ShaUri

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@ShaUri: Have you seen the windows with authorisation codes?

It would be helpful, if you shared the Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where 1Password 4 doesn't work. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member

Greg,
    ID is #RAD-32429-348

Thanks for review.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Found it! Will get back to you shortly via email. Thank you!

ref: RAD-32429-348

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    any news?

Cheers
    ShaUri

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

ShaUri, I have just replied to your email. Please check your inbox. Thanks! :+1:

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    as I mentioned in the first entry. It does work with the same components on another pc. Therefor upgrading to another browser (Chrome) is not an option because iron is my preferred one.
    As I wrote in my last mail. Is there an easy way to reset the security number when starting first time?

Cheers
    ShaUri

• Hi @ShaURi,

I'll reply to your email about that, Iron is not on our list of supported browsers, so you have to disable the code signature check if you really want to use it but it may put your 1Password data at risk.

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    thanks this solved the issue. But please reflect to support Iron as an alternative browser which is based on chromium but with less gathering information of the users behavior.
    Cheers
    ShaUri

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ShaUri: We don't have plans to support it explicitly; rather we're focused on supporting browsers that serve the greater userbase. But as Mike mentioned 1Password 4 has an option to disable the code signature check, and we're working on an even better way to allow something like this in the new app as well, without disabling it globally. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.