Inefficient use of Logins spread across multiple vaults

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Business and Teams

Hi

Because I have multiple vaults with identical logins, when I change one login, the other remain the same leaving me with incorrect passwords. Is there a way of ensuring duplicates are updated across vaults?

Security Audit isn't in yet?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wkleem,

There's currently no way to automate the updating of those logins. It's a problem that's on our radar and we're trying to figure out how to design a solution that we're happy with.

Security Audit isn't yet a feature of the webapp, but it should still work in the Mac app if you have your account configured there.

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion,

Thanks for the update! Also, I would like to make a vault read only in Teams. How do I do that?

• @wkleem : You should be able to make a vault Read Only by removing Write access to everyone who has access to it. That can be done by going into the Admin Console > Vaults > The Vault In Question, then managing the access of all users and groups that have access to the vault.

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks Rick. If I, for example want to share a 1Password Demo vault extracted from an old 1Password version with the Agilebits Team, what do I need to do? There was a time when the Demo Samples were added to an existing vault and not like the way it is now.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/350801#Comment_350801

I have made purely a Demo Vault in Teams, although I am uncertain if it will solve what I experienced in the above link.

Brenty
    Yeah, the item count is definitely a bug. But I can't say for certain otherwise. We'll have to see if we can reproduce it since obviously we don't want your data. Thanks for bringing this up!

Also the Legacy 1Password 1 and 2 Mac versions are gone from your site.

• Hi @wkleem,

I'm not sure that I'm understanding what you're asking here. 1Password 1 and 2 aren't available from our site because they don't work on modern operating systems. 1Password for Mac still has the ability to create a demo vault, but oddly enough, it doesn't work unless you've got a Primary (local) vault created.

Can you elaborate on what you're really trying to achieve? Why would your demo vault in Teams not suffice?

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have discovered through the years that Demo vaults vary with the different 1Password versions. I made a mistake years ago by including the Sample vaults with my own data. I just want a copy of the Demo vaults.

1Password 1 and 2 Mac isn't intended installing in for modern Macs at all. I installed Lion (X.7) in an extra USB Flash drive. I could go back to Snow Leopard.

• Ben
    Options

Those versions are so old we cannot recommend using them (or versions of OS X that old, either).

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I appreciate the concern, As it stands, as Long as the legacy 1Password v1 and 2 are seen to be downloadable, Someone will attempt to download them.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, thanks for letting us know. The web team has a lot on their plate right now, but they're aware of the issue. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:sunglasses: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.