Brave v0.12.0 not submitting logins [solution pending Brave v0.13.0 release]

mwb6
mwb6
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I can't seem to get 1Password to work (auto fill userid/password) with Brave (0.12.15). I've searched the forum, knowledgebase, help pages and don't really see any information that explains how to get it working. I have 1Password selected on the Security tab in Brave preferences and according to what I've found that is the only (?) configuration required. I have tried the steps here -"If the 1Password extension isn't working in your browser ..." - but no help.
If anyone out there is successfully using 1Password with Brave on MacOS, I'd like to know how you got it going.
Thank You

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

Maybe it's this known bug in Brave:

https://community.brave.com/t/closed-onepassword-extension/33

If so, it appears they are working on fixing it for version 0.13.

• mwb6
    mwb6
    Community Member

Thanks for the info - at least that explains the behavior.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mwb6,

Sorry about the trouble with the Brave browser and thanks @pervel for linking to that known issue in Brave. Hopefully it'll be resolved in the next release.

I've updated the title of this thread to reflect what we know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mwb6
    mwb6
    Community Member

I can confirm that 1Password is working for me after the 0.13.0 Brave update. Had to set 1Password up again the settings and then it started working as expected.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the update helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.