How to export my Android's primary vault to my personal so it can sync with my PC?

EsQueue
EsQueue
Community Member

I've had 1Password for around a year on my android device. Everything is synced to my dropbox account. I recently decided to install 1Password on my Windows 10 PC and made a 1Password account. On my pc there is an empty personal vault. On my Android there is my old primary vault with all my passwords and an empty personal vault that syncs with my PC.

I've searched and searched but the FAQs that I find are extremely vague. It lists steps to link accounts but the part that I need is as follows. "To move your existing data to your 1Password account, use your Mac or Windows PC."

That is extremely frustrating as this offers no help in in slightest. I've searched my android device for any export options but only have "Email diagnostics" under advanced and nothing else.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EsQueue: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While you can simply copy items from one vault to another in the desktop apps, our support documentation goes into a lot more detail for each version:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know where you're getting stuck — and what version of the app you're using. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• EsQueue
    EsQueue
    Community Member

All of my data is on my Android device and it is empty on my PC. The link that you just posted says to use my pc but I can't as my pc has no data. All the data is in my Primary vault on my Android device and my 1password account and pc has no access to it. I wanted to export the data from my android to my pc or 1password account but only thing that help says is to "Move your existing data to your 1Password account, use your Mac or Windows PC."

• EsQueue
    EsQueue
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Sorry, I'm using version 6.4.5 on Android and I'm getting stuck on the part where it says under Android tab

Now you can use your 1Password account in the Android app.

To move your existing data to your 1Password account, use your Mac or Windows PC.

I started using the android app first before anything. There is no option to merge my Android's Primary (which has all the data) to my personal which syncs to my account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EsQueue: No need to apologize. Thanks for clarifying! It isn't possible to merge a local vault (like the one you're saying with Dropbox) with the Personal vault, since that is part of your account. You'll need to transfer your data to the PC (Dropbox is easiest, but copying the vault over manually works too) first, and then you can easily copy items between vaults. How have you been syncing (or backing up) your data between devices until now? We'll get this sorted out! :)

• EsQueue
    EsQueue
    Community Member

Thanks for the help, The confusion was all on my part. My problem was that I was using the web version and not the windows 10 version that I installed -_- After running the windows 10 version, I was able to easlly connect to my existing Dropbox backup and transfer everything to my pc. I'm sure that it can be moved from there.

Thanks again for your quick responses. Have a great day/night.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Aha! No problem. Glad to hear that you were able to use the app instead. Be sure to let us know if you need anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.