Cannot import 1Password folder from filesystem

I used 1Password on a windows7 machine: I have the 1Password folder with "1Password.agilekeychain" and "backups" folders. Now I have installed a clean win10 copy and and fresh 1Password for win10. Whenever I try to import my "1Password.agilekeychain" I get the next messages in the event log(after providing the correct password):
Error: LocalFolderAccount:3
Failed to find encryptionKeys.js in D:\c_backup\userName\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain.
Information: LocalFolderAccount:3
0 AKC keys for D:\c_backup\userName\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain.

How can I unlock my vault? I purchased the license last year(at that point in time it was 1Password 5)

1Password Version: 1Password 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @vhalitsyn,

Thanks for writing in.

First, are you planning to use our 1Password.com subscription or just your local AgileKeychain vault? The reason I ask is that 1Password 6 version you're using is for 1Password.com accounts at the moment and it only offers read-only limited support for local vaults.

If you are not planning to use 1Password.com, you'd want to uninstall 1Password 6 and use 1Password 4 instead from here.

With that in mind, the errors doesn't look right. It is saying there are no encryption keys stored in your vault, that would mean you cannot unlock it since you need the encryption key to decrypt the data. How did you originally back up your 1Password data and/or did you use any backup tools?

• vhalitsyn
    vhalitsyn
    Community Member

Hey Mike,

thanks for the prompt reply! I removed version 6 and installed 4 and everything worked as expected. I'm having trouble connecting to the firefox extension now. Even log says:
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Browsers.WebSocketClientsWhitelist
    Failed to open process #4352 that initiated web socket connection on port 51704 and origin resource://onepassword4-at-agilebits-dot-com.

Is there a rule I should add? I tried following this(https://support.1password.com/firewall-proxy/) but I can't really add 127.0.0.1 to the exception list without having a proxy and I do not have one(Windows complains internet won't be reachable and disables the whole proxy tab.)

• Hi @vhalitsyn,

That's Sophos interjecting itself into 1Password's communication stack. Follow the instructions here for Sophos: https://support.1password.com/cs/configure-sophos/

• vhalitsyn
    vhalitsyn
    Community Member

Right, if I kill Sophos everything worx as expected. Thanks a lot!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@vhalitsyn: Have you checked the guide? There is no need to kill it. :) On behalf of Mike you are welcome! :+1:

Please contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.