1Password browser on Android

Options
Captain_Hook
Captain_Hook
Community Member

Hi All,

2 questions please:

1. When we open a page in 1Password Browser from 1Password App, does it store cache / cookies? If yes, how can we delete them?
  2. Can we add a shortcut of that Browser on Home Screen to browse websites with it rather than going to 1Password app and then clicking any saved link to open it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Captain_Hook. The built-in 1Browser doesn't store cookies. When you exit 1Password, the 1Browser clears completely. That said, it's not customizable, so you won't be able to set a home page. For that, I recommend using Chrome with our keyboard for filling. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Captain_Hook: Thanks for following up! The confusing thing is that this isn't something 1Password handles; rather, we're just using the system webview, which is a bit of a black box, and its behaviour has changed over time as well. Sometimes I am able to reproduce something similar to what you describe, but other times I'm not.

I've experimented with this a bit myself because frankly I'm curious too, but I have not been able to reliably clear webview cache/cookies intentionally; it seems like this may happen on its own if certain conditions are met — though I'm not sure if that's a matter of time, or just to free up space. I've tried Settings > Storage > Other and also Cached Data, since these seemed like good candidates, but neither seems to make any difference. You'll note that Settings > Storage > Apps > 1Password > Clear Cache makes no difference as well, since this isn't something 1Password is handling itself. I've stopped short of invoking Clear Data there since that will wipe out everything else in 1Password...and that would be the same as reinstalling the app completely, which kind of nullifies the whole issue.

Honestly it may be best to use Chrome or another dedicated browser, as the built-in browser is a bit limited in many other ways due to the webview. 1Browser is convenient at times, but with a full-fledged browser we have a lot more control over its behaviour. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.