update on the Windows version

HalfBekend
HalfBekend
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is the new Windows UWP version already available? The last thing I heard was that I needed to switch back from the version from the store to a version to be downloaded from the AgileBits site as the version in the Store was released inadvertently. If not, is there a planned release date?

Moreover, what version to use? I am on 6.1.308d now. AgileBits is normally very good at sending email about new versions. Do we get one in this specific case with the earlier UWP version as well?

Cheers,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HalfBekend,

Thank you for reaching out!

At the moment UWP app is still not available and I don't have any timeframe when it will be. However, be sure that we are on it. We have big plans for 1Password on Windows. :)

The latest release for 1Password 6 for Windows is 6.2.333 and it is strange that you haven't been notified about it via in-app notification on your desktop. Please go to Options > Update > and click on Check for updates. Does it find it? Let me know.

As for the announcement about UWP version I am sure we will come up with something, when it is time. ;)

Thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend: Actually, while Greg is mostly right, I think the problem you're having may be that you're using the last Windows Store release still — specifically the problem build which escaped and caused us to pull it. Please login to 1Password.com and verify that you have all of your data there, and then remove the app (you'll be able to easily uninstall it by right clicking it in the start menu) and install a fresh copy from here. That should get you back on track. In the mean time, while I can't offer a date for you, it's something we're working on and fairly anxious to release, once it's ready. Cheers! :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

The 6.1.308d I was running I think was from your site. Have updated to 6.2.333 now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend: Just make sure you only have the one copy. 308d sounds like it's from our site, but that's the version which escaped into the Windows Store, so it can definitely be confusing. Glad to hear you've got the latest now though. Cheers! :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

Ah, good remark. I will remove it and install it again as a lot of things don't work like editing anything in a card. Maybe removing and installing helps.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend: Please let us know how it goes. :)

Also, please elaborate, are you using 1Password 6 with a local vault (Dropbox?) or with your 1Password account? Thanks!

++
    Greg

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

@brenty Removed the active version and then downloaded and installed 6.2.333d again today in a abundance of caution.

@Greg: I am using a vault on Dropbox and several vaults in my family account. As far as I can see, I cannot edit or add a single item in the vault in Dropbox but can edit all items and add items in the vaults in the family account.
    With a item I mean what you call item and what I can create as a new item (just below the search field ad the left of "copy").

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1607
    build 14393.693
    Surface Pro 3

• Hi @HalfBekend,

1Password 6 does not support editing local vaults yet, that's coming later. Right now, only the 1Password.com service is fully supported in 1Password 6.

That may be why you didn't get an email from us, we are not showing 1Password 6 to be an upgrade to any 1Password 4 customers, it is not yet.

This discussion has been closed.