Account data not syncing / question about Mac App Store version

Options
System
edited February 2017 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is it wish to disable keychain when i start using 1Password?.

Comments

• Myname_HJB
    Myname_HJB
    Community Member
    Options

I try to understand how things works:

I have made an account on 1password.com on my iMac MaxOs Sierra. And tested a few passwords logins.

I did understand that the cost would be $ 2,99 and also can use it on iPhone's, iPad's and windows PC.

I also installed on my iPad the app !password. If i open 1Password on iPad i see my vaults but nothing is in it. I thought my Mac dat would show up. In my Vault personal i see items 9 but no further data off the websites. How can i become more information.

I also discovered that in the Appstore there is a app for 1Password. The price is Euro 64,99. What is the difference with the application i am now using? Does this version store the Vault on my

Is only with this version from Appstore sync possible with iPad, iPhone and PC?
    On my trial version 1Password.com account there is on my Mac under 1Password preferences no sync available.

For me it is confusing what to use and why the question is 1Password for $ 2,99 p/m or Euro 64,00 buy.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Myname_HJB,

These questions are different than the one you asked in the previous discussion, so I've moved your message to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

If i open 1Password on iPad i see my vaults but nothing is in it. I thought my Mac dat would show up. In my Vault personal i see items 9 but no further data off the websites.

Do you mean you don't have any items in 1Password on your iPad, or do you mean your iPad only has 9 items (i.e. your Mac has more than that)?

All the data in your 1Password.com account should appear in the 1Password app on your Mac and iPad (as well as any device where you sign into your account from the 1Password app). When you opened 1Password on your iPad for the first time, did you sign into your account? If so, you should see it listed under Settings > 1Password Accounts.

If you go to the Categories section of 1Password on your iPad, you should see your data listed there (tap on All Items or one of the individual categories to see your items). If not, what exactly do you see there instead?

I also discovered that in the Appstore there is a app for 1Password. The price is Euro 64,99. What is the difference with the application i am now using?

The version on the Mac App Store is the same as the version from our website, but the price you see on the Mac App Store is for a license (not an account), and that license is for only the Mac version. You don't need that because you already have a 1Password.com account which allows you to use the 1Password app on all supported platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android). If you're curious, we have more information here: What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

Is only with this version from Appstore sync possible with iPad, iPhone and PC?
    On my trial version 1Password.com account there is on my Mac under 1Password preferences no sync available.

You don't need any sync preferences because you use a 1Password.com account, which automatically syncs your data between devices where you sign into your account in the 1Password app. Because you don't need to configure sync settings, they aren't shown in the preferences.

Sorry for any confusion about all that! We're working on making this clearer in the future. Please let us know if you have more questions or if you still don't see your 1Password data on your iPad. Cheers! :)

• Myname_HJB
    Myname_HJB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the answers. It took a while understanding things. Your answer showed me that later von i had the right idea about !Password. The iPad problem is solved, i removed the program from my iPad. After reinstalling the program it worked, all the logins where now visible. For me the question was do i want the Vault on my PC or do i use the Vault placed buy 1Password.com. Probably it is safer by 1Password, because burglars can remove my PC including my Vault. Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, I'm glad my answers were helpful for you! Do you need help to set up 1Password on your Windows PC? Since you're already using a 1Password.com account with the 1Password apps on your Mac and iOS devices, it makes sense to use that account on Windows as well. If you need help to do that, just let us know, or please feel free to open a new discussion in our Windows forum.

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.