1Password could not encrypt your data. Please restart

rob.h
rob.h
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I am running 1Password 3.2.0.BETA-3 build 30649 on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and syncing over Wi-Fi to an iPhone running 1Password 3.1.1 on top of iPhone OS 3.1.3

Sync has worked ok in the past, but today I keep getting the following message on the iPhone when I try to sync... "Cannot save changes - 1Password could not encrypt your data. Please restart 1Password and try again". I have stopped/started 1Password on the Mac, I have rebooted the Mac and I have rebooted my iPhone but all to no avail, the message keeps appearing.

My sync options are to sync all items automatically. I have tried selecting the option 'Replace all information on this iPhone' to see if it would clear the error, but no joy. Each time the message appears I acknowledge it with the 'Close' button, but it pops up numerous times during the sync operation, suggesting that it's hitting certain entries that it somehow can't handle (but I'm guessing there).

Any ideas?

Comments

• j!e!t!s!
    j!e!t!s!
    Community Member
    edited June 2010
    [Edit by moderator: This post was moved from another thread since it's related to this one.]

Thanks - this worked with my iPad, but not with my iPhone. I get an error on my phone indicating that "1Password could not encrypt your data. Please restate 1Password and try again." When I click close it then gives me the same error message two more times. I then tried to restart 1Password on the iPhone, the computer, and I restarted both the Mac and the iPhone and tried again, and I still get the same error...
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Rob!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and concern these errors may cause. These errors are sometimes seen if you are doing anything on the mobile device app while a sync is happening. I saw it once just because I was scrolling the Logins listing. Crazy, huh? :)

Usually completing shutting down your iPhone and rebooting it will clear this up. If they continue after that you can flush the 1Password data from your iPhone and let 1Password Mac sync the entire set again.
  • sskennel
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:
    Usually completing shutting down your iPhone and rebooting it will clear this up. If they continue after that you can flush the 1Password data from your iPhone and let 1Password Mac sync the entire set again.

I just had this problem. One login entry I added on the Mac yesterday via the Google Chrome extension refused to sync to my iPhone. Rebooting the phone didn't help, but resetting the 1Password data on the phone and resyncing has solved the problem. Thanks.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Glad you got it sorted,

As for me when it happens I do the old wipe and sync all to the iphone as a fresh set.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    sskennel wrote:
    I just had this problem. One login entry I added on the Mac yesterday via the Google Chrome extension refused to sync to my iPhone. Rebooting the phone didn't help, but resetting the 1Password data on the phone and resyncing has solved the problem. Thanks.

Also, welcome to the forums, sskennel!
This discussion has been closed.