New item synced to iPhone but not to second Mac

hazmat
hazmat
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Not sure if this is related to my family account or the Mac app, but I'll post this here. I've been finding syncing issues lately. Last night I created a login on my Mac at home. I see it on my iPhone. On my Mac at work, it's short that one login. 1234 items on the iPhone and 1233 on the work Mac. Other times I've seen this, editing and saving an item will force a sync, but I am waiting to get more info on this before I try that again.

Thanks.

-Ken

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hazmat,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing new items!

Since you're using a 1Password.com account, the first thing to do is sign into that account on 1Password.com from a web browser, and see if that new item appears there. If it does, it sounds like there's a problem with the 1Password app on your work Mac. In that case, have you tried searching for that item in 1Password on your work Mac, or are you just looking at the item count number next to 'All Items'?

On the other hand, if that new item doesn't appear on 1Password.com, something else is happening. Let us know what you find, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Thanks, Drew. Will do. When I went back to it later, it was updated. It doesn't look like the apps are updating themselves often enough, if no edits have been made.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad it synced correctly! That should happen very quickly, though - if you continue to experience such a significant delay with syncing changes or new items, please let us know and we'll take a further look into it. Cheers! :)

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

I do. :) I found the same issue later on at various times on my home Mac and also my iPhone. So yeah, it persists. If I edit something and save it, it seems to force a sync.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hazmat,

Hmm, sounds like this continues to be a problem. You said it syncs correctly when you edit an item and save changes, so does that mean this is only an issue when you create a new item? Does it seem to matter where you create the new item (home Mac, work Mac, or iPhone) or does the sync delay happen regardless of where you create it?

Please try creating another new item, and assuming it doesn't sync to other devices right away, please sign into your account on 1Password.com. Do you see the new item there?

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Yup. Seeing it right now. I created a test note on the iPhone. Isn't showing up on the Mac. It shows up in my account at 1Password.com.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Also, it seems to happen on any device. I haven't seen any consistency in that. I think it's also happened when just editing an item.

• Hi @hazmat,

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that after you created a test note on your phone, and it didn't show up on your Mac, if you lock and then unlock 1Password on your Mac, it'll show up a few seconds later.

If that is the case, it sounds like the sync notification isn't being received by your Mac. Normally, when you create an item on another device and sync it to 1Password.com, it will then send a notification to 1Password on your Mac and tell it to sync. Something seems to be blocking that.

To diagnose that, I'd like to ask you to create another test note on your iPhone. Take note of the date and time you created the note on your iPhone.

After verifying that it did not get created on your Mac, create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox. Also, include the date and time you created the note on your iPhone.

After sending, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report.

Once we see the report we should be able to see what was going on at the time your created the note.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Will do, Kevin. Right now it all seems to be appearing as expected. But I'll keep an eye on it and follow your instructions above when I see it again.

• @hazmat,

:+1:

Rudy

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Hi. I'm finding this issue on one of my Macs. Another Mac and my iPhone are in sync. Here's the support ID: #SQT-71858-637.

Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @hazmat. We received your diagnostics report, and someone will reply to your email as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: SQT-71858-637

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Cool, Drew. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.