Beware Skype ! Account password change.

Options

There has been changes to Skype Accounts that, if you forget your password, will change your Microsoft Account password and it is irreversible. Once linked, it cannot be unlinked.

I had a my Skype password in the AgileKeychain but saved a new password in Teams which was inaccessible as long as versions of 1Password prior to 1Password 6 were active. Luckily, I was able to rectify the problem by cancelling the password recovery.

Also, because of the "double screen bug" in the extension's "Brain", I somehow missaved my Skype login.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/350083#Comment_350083

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thank you for reporting it!

The situation is really strange. Am I right to understand that you are running 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 at the same time? Please let me know. The thing is that we do not recommend doing it, because 1Password extension does not work with two apps and it might get confusing.

As for "double prompt bug", we were able to reproduce the issue and the fix is coming in a future update.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg

I usually don't run 4 and 6 together but I do remember to kill "AgileAPAgent" from the Task Manager. If you want an official source of Skype behaviour, look here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa12060/can-i-link-or-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-accounts

https://community.skype.com/t5/Account-Setup-Maintenance/Unlink-from-Microsoft-account/td-p/4512572

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: We can't affect the internal policy of Microsoft in any way. I am glad to hear that you were able to rectify the issue, but it seems that 1Password's behaviour in this situation was correct (besides double prompt bug that will be fixed in a future update). Please avoid using two 1Password apps at the same time and you should be all set. :)

Also, I always try to be extra careful while changing passwords for my online services. 1Password is a great help during this process, but it can't replace our attention and vigilance. :chuffed:

Thank you for reporting this behaviour!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

No Problem Greg. I only noticed my error that Agile1PAgent was mispelt and could not correct it on time.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Another issue now is that all my previously saved Skype passwords cannot be seen by the Safari Extension even though they are working. Skype by default redirects to Microsoft SSO.

If I save a new Skype login, Skype.com gets ignored. Usually, unseen logins can be found by searching but not in the this example.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

The double auto-save dialog has been fixed in the latest 1Password extension 4.6.3 update. Be sure to update the extension if your browser isn't doing it.

As for Skype, you'll have to manually add the Microsoft and Skype domains to your Skype items. We'll see if we can include the domains by default in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.