Wrong # of items in 1Password for Families Vaults between devices

tmchow
tmchow
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Business and Teams

Now that the Windows v6 beta is caught up in almost all functionality, i'm moving everything from dropbox vault to use 1Password for Families as my primary vault.

I made sure that my "Personal" vault in 1P for Families was empty, then used the Mac client to copy the items to the vault. After it sync'd, i compared the # of items in my iphone vs. mac vs web. Web and Mac are the same, but iPhone is consistently different. I'm not sure why.

Web and Mac show:

• Total: 1559
  • Logins: 1332
  • Secure notes: 39

My phone shows:

• Total: 2292
  • Logins: 1332
  • Secure notes: 69

I've repeated this with doing the migration on Windoiws as well, and verified that when I delete everything from the 1P for families personal vault, the iphone shows it going to zero.

Oddly, when I go into Secure Notes on my iphone, there aren't 69 items like the summary shows. I manually count only 39. So it matches what Mac and Web show. Is there some bug with iphone app that miscounts items?

What's happening?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tmchow,

It certainly sounds like something funny is going on here. The best way for us to look into this is by getting a Diagnostics Report from the various devices so that I we can figure out what's going on. To do this, follow the instructions on this page:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Send these to support+forums@agilebits.com and include a link to this forum post so that we can connect the dots. You should receive a support request id nearly immediately to confirm that we received the email. If you could post that support id to this thread that would also help us jump between the two systems.

Looking forward to figuring this out.

Rick

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

@rickfillion I sent diagnostics for both iOS and Mac.

• @tmchow : can you provide me with the support request id?

Rick

• @tmchow : Looks like your Mac report came in as NZL-85384-667 but I'm not seeing anything from iOS yet.

Rick

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

NZL-85384-667

is one of them. I didn't get confirmation for the second report I sent in through iOS for some reason.

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

@rickfillion iOS one is #KED-83377-764

• Hi tmchow - Thanks for getting back to us. I was able to locate the report you sent over from your iPhone. We'll reply back to you shortly once we review both reports. Have a fantastic day!

ref: NZL-85384-667

• @tmchow : yup, I see both now. I'll take a look at this tomorrow morning and get back to you via email. We'll get this figured out.

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

@rickfillion @Frank My 1Password 6 beta on Windows 10 also shows a different number of items.

Total Number: 1471
    Logins: 1286
    Secure Notes: 35

I submitted the diagnostic report from it and the ticket is [#BQN-74724-626]

• Thanks @tmchow. I'm at my desk with coffee in hand. Time to dig into those diagnostics reports and will send you my findings via email.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.