1Password not syncing after internet drops [1Password 6.3 will have a lot of improvements here]

Options
2»

Comments

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, okay. I'll try that next time. Thanks!

I'm kind of an "odd" user. I love 1Password and, in general, buy copies even if I don't need them because it's GREAT software and I depend on it daily, and am thus inclined to support your efforts. 1Password for Families, while not "strictly" needed, allowed me to make my funding efforts more automatic. I've wanted to move to it for a while, but when I first tried the Windows version that had support for Families/Teams earlier in the year, it was just too "raw" for my blood. So I gave it some time. Looking better now, which is why I'm finally moving over to 1Password for Families. Certainly, the Windows version definitely needs more work, but at least it's useable and functional now, despite some quirks.

The Mac version is a piece of art, it's such fantastic software. It'll take some time for you guys to get Windows to even approach that. But still, GREAT progress based on what I saw over the summer!

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @jeffc,

The Mac version is a piece of art, it's such fantastic software. It'll take some time for you guys to get Windows to even approach that. But still, GREAT progress based on what I saw over the summer!

That's awesome feedback, thank you for sharing that with us. We definitely have a lot of work ahead of us and we can't wait to show you more soon.

• Smaskt
    Smaskt
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still seeing this issue in the latest update 306d.

I open 1password and it just says i have a ton of pending changes and nothing is syncing. I also can't even sign out of my account....

• Hi @smaskt,

Thanks for writing in. Based on your forum profile and email address listed in it, I don't see any previous conversation we had with you, did you get in touch with us before about this?

If syncing doesn't work, any changes you make will go into the Pending Changes, we're just making it more accessible in the latest beta update. Please do not sign out, that is going to cause you to lose data if the pending changes don't sync first. We're going to add a warning not to sign out when there are pending changes.

For now, please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys,

I'm having similar problems here with the latest update. That is, I see "Pending changes" in red, and I have no way to get them to sync.

I KNOW the network was fine (I was perusing this forum). I tried to shut down and relaunch the software, but it obviously wasn't a "full restart" because I wasn't prompted for the master password. That didn't help.

I rebooted the machine (I saw that suggestion elsewhere), and that helped. Next time this comes up, should I create a diagnostics report? Do you have known issues with the Windows BETA getting "locked up" with changes?

Thanks,

/Jeff

• Hi @jeffc,

I tried to shut down and relaunch the software, but it obviously wasn't a "full restart" because I wasn't prompted for the master password.

To fully restart the program, you have to right-click on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit.

Do you have known issues with the Windows BETA getting "locked up" with changes?

Yes, there's an issue in the 1Password 6.1.308d update where it flagged some items incorrectly as pending. There's an additional status code we're not tracking that we're already implemented in the latest internal updates. It will be fixed in the next update soon.

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'll be looking for the next update sometime soon!

To be honest, this doesn't come up very often. But when it did, it was somewhat messy to recover (rebooting the machine is heavy handed, and I needed to wait for other items to finish before doing so).

Thanks again.

• Yep, we do apologize for that mess. The next update will have a lot of improvements from the past few weeks of reports we've seen and fixed.

• youngjm
    youngjm
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea of when we will see the next update?

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @youngjm,

No specific ETA yet, we have a big core feature we're finishing up internally, so we can start shipping beta builds very soon.

However, please do inform us of your issue because it may not be related to the ones we've talked about here.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

The upcoming 6.3 update will have most of the fixes implemented, we are aiming to have it available within a few weeks. Please give the latest beta/release candidate a try to see if it works better.

There is one more fix we need to make but that's going to be in the next update (6.4.x), this is a much more rarer issue with network connections being dropped and 1Password can't reconnect its notifiers to our servers due to proxies and so on. We need to reevaluate how we work with proxies.

I'm going to close this thread because people are adding posts that are not related and we need people to create newer threads for their own sync issues.

Thank you everyone in here for helping us narrow down the issues, we believe 1Password 6.3 will be greatly improved in this area.

This discussion has been closed.