Have to verify 6 digit code every time

Comments

• gracieroo
    gracieroo
    Community Member

I have to verify the 6 digit code every single time i log on to my computer...help please!? very annoying :/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gracieroo,

I'm sorry you keep having to verify the 6 digit code! I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into its own thread so we can focus on this specific issue.

Can you please let us know some details about your setup:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What web browser keeps asking you to verify the 6 digit code, and what version of that browser are you using?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • When the browser shows you the 6 digit code, does another 1Password window appear with a matching code?
    • Does the 1Password extension work correctly after you verify that the code matches?
    • After verifying the code matches, does it prompt you to do that again before the next time you reboot your Mac?

Thanks in advance! :)

• g_q
    g_q
    Community Member

Hello.

It appears that the OP abandoned this thread, so I will pick up where they left off.
    Roughly two months ago, I started experiencing the same issue after rebooting. This was occurring in Chrome, but not in FireFox, so I removed the extension from Chrome and started to use FireFox full time.

Today, it started to occur in FireFox as well.
    The version of 1Password is 6.5.3 (653001), Mac App Store.
    App Store Updates indicate no update to the application in the past 30 days.
    The version of the extension as shown in FireFox is 4.6.2, Last updated November 12, 2016.
    FireFox version is 51.0.1 (most recent as of this date)
    Although I am no longer using the extension with Chrome, Chrome was at 55.0.2883.95 when I uninstalled the extension.
    I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
    The codes always match.
    All works correctly after verifying the code.

• g_q
    g_q
    Community Member

One more thing...
    The behavior is not consistent.
    For example, I restarted several times just now. After the first restart, the verification request popped up. On subsequent restarts, this did not occur. So, it's occurred twice so far today. Once before my last post, and then once just a few minutes ago.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @g_q,

I'm sorry you've also been running into this issue! Thanks for the details about your setup and the problem.

By any chance, do you also happen to have the AgileBits Store version of 1Password installed (in addition to the Mac App Store version)? Please check the Applications folder to see if there are multiple 1Password apps there. If there are, 1Password.app is the Mac App Store version - is the other one named 1Password 6.app? Do both apps have all the same data?

• gracieroo
    gracieroo
    Community Member

I am running OS 10.12.3 on my iMac and 6.5.3 of 1Password. I don't know where I originally downloaded 1Password from, but I think probably from the App Store.
    I am using Safari version 10.0.3. Yes, the matching 1Password window appears. The 1Password extension is 4.6.2. It appears to work correctly. I don't see the code window again until the next time I boot up my computer.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @gracieroo ,

Thanks for letting us know about your setup. If your 1Password app is called 1Password when you look at your /Applications folder then it was installed from the Mac App Store but if it's called 1Password 6 then it was downloaded directly from the 1Password.com.

I think the next step is to get a Diagnostics Report for your Mac to understand what's going on. Could you create a Diagnostics Report and email it to our support+extension@agilebits.com please? We'll take a look and see what's going on.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• g_q
    g_q
    Community Member

"Please check the Applications folder to see if there are multiple 1Password apps there. If there are, 1Password.app is the Mac App Store version":

There is only one. It's called 1Password.app
    Apple Mac Store version.

Would the presence of Kaspersky Internet Security play any part?

Does your diagnostics report utility create an encrypted file to allow for secure transmission over email?
    If not, do you provide a secure portal to upload using https?

Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @g_q,

My suspicion is Kaspersky is not a factor here. The diagnostic report tool doesn't created an encrypted file but I think we can bypass it in this instance. What I would like to know is.

1. How many vaults do you have connected to your copy of 1Password and whether they are all part of a 1Password account or not?
    2. If you have vaults that are not part of a 1Password account, do you synchronise them using the likes of either iCloud or Dropbox?

The point behind the questions is I have this theory that the issue is, for reasons unknown, limited to the Mac App Store version of 1Password. So to test this theory I'd like to ask if you would be willing to try the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for a while. Your vault setup (just in terms of numbers and how they're syncing) will tell us how easy or complex this might be. If everything is connected to a 1Password account, something you would have explicitly created in the last year, then moving from one version to another is really easy. If it's just a primary vault syncing to iCloud or Dropbox then it's also fairly easy. Other scenarios complicate matters a little but aren't deal breakers and I will write out steps on what to do if you're willing to give it a try.

This discussion has been closed.