To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased from Mac app store September 2016 - seem to have 2 accounts - frozen - totally confused

krsnow
krsnow
Community Member

I purchased the app from the Mac app store in September 2016. I wasn't too sure what I was doing but seemed to be following instructions and moving along. I never opened an account on the website and figured I had better get that done. I was asked for license information but didn't have any license information and was told by support that I didn't need it since I purchased my app through the Mac app store. I apparently opened a trial account and I think I moved all my data into the trial account. Here's where the confusion starts. In December 2016, I receive a note that my family trial is about to expire which I ignore because I know I purchased my app and there's no way it could expire in three months. Lo and behold, my account is frozen. Several emails and nearly one month later, I'm still unresolved although the email responder unlocked my account for another month and advised me to wait for a technician email to assist me with the problem. That was on January 19. It is now ten days later and I still have not received a response from a technician. I really need someone to talk me through correcting my problem because I have no idea what I'm doing. I really liked my 1Password when it was working and want to be a satisfied customer but I'm so frustrated right now, I don't know what to do. Is there any way I could make an appointment to speak to a technician to walk me through this? The back and forth email thing just doesn't seem to work. I'd really like to take 10-20 minutes to fix this and move on to being a satisfied customer Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2017

Hi @krsnow

I apolgize for the delay. It appears there was a problem with the routing of your ticket, but I've taken care of that at this point. Thanks for taking the time to write in to let us know so we could get that corrected. Most of the company are on flights today and tomorrow as we're returning from a conference but you should receive a reply by Monday at the latest.

We'll handle the specifics by email, but to give you some idea of what is going on here.... It appears you originally purchased using our older method of obtaining 1Password, instead of signing up for an account. For the best experience we should get you onto your account that you recently signed up for, but have not paid for yet. Accounts are not included with App Store purchases. Again we'll work out the specifics via email, but we'll get you taken care of. We appreciate your patience. The volume of requests we're receiving is very high right now and so unfortunately the average response time is going to be a bit longer than normal.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: WRL-21162-936

• krsnow
    krsnow
    Community Member

Amendment: After a prompt and very courteous response from Ben, I discovered that I had NOT purchased 1Password from the app store as I had originally thought but signed up for a trial. It was a confusing process and now that 1Password has changed that process, I hope others won't experience the same confusion I did. All is well - I'm a very happy customer and would recommend 1Password to one and all. Excellent and prompt customer service - well done and thank you so much!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @krsnow - I'm happy to hear that Ben got that resolved for you! Please let us know if you need anything else. We’ll be happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.