How do I save/share/open a personal vault on 'regular' 1password (non subscription)?

Options

I have 1password 6.2
My co-worker has 1password 6.2

I would like to create a new vault for work accounts and store them in that vault.
Then I would like to email that vault to my co-worker so he can open it in his copy of 1password.

Where do I find the file the vault is saved in, and how does my co-worker open that file once I send it to him?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:personal vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @basementjack,

Thanks for writing in to ask how to share a vault with your co-worker! Before getting to the answer, it looks like you and your co-worker are using an older version of 1Password 6 for Mac. The latest update is version 6.5.3, so it's a good idea to install that first. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menu bar. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

Now, getting back to sharing a vault with a co-worker, the best & easiest way to do that is with 1Password Teams. You said you don't currently have a 1Password.com subscription account, but that's not a problem - once you sign up for 1Password Teams, you can add that new account to your existing setup in 1Password 6 on your Mac. You can also invite your co-worker to join that Team.

Your Teams account will include a 'Personal' vault which is for your own items that you won't be sharing with anyone else (your co-worker will have his own Personal vault). There will also be a 'Shared' vault, and the items you put there will automatically show up for your co-worker (and vice-versa).

You can find more information about 1Password Teams here: Frequently asked questions about 1Password Teams

I've also moved this discussion to our Teams forum in case you have additional questions. We're here for you if you need any help with that. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.