Family vs Team? What am I missing?

Options
aces
aces
Community Member

I have been dragging my heels at signing up for a Family account. Now, you go and introduce a Team Option. With the special, it is cheaper. My question is this - Why should I sign up for Family? It looks like Team Pro does everything it does and more....for less $? What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @aces,

1Password Teams is more expensive than 1Password Families.

In general you should chose the options that represents the type of group you intend on sharing with: if you are sharing with your family then 1Password Families is designed to do that. If you're sharing with a company or organization, then 1Password Teams is the right choice (note that 1Password Families is not eligible for commercial use).

1Password Teams is $4.99 per person per month, whereas 1Password Families is $5 including up to 5 family members per month.

Both 1Password Families and 1Password Teams include options for paying annually which reduce the rate.

Thanks!

Ben

• aces
    aces
    Community Member
    Options

Ohhh! Per person! That would be what I'm missing. Family it is! Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

@aces Glad to hear Ben cleared things up for you. :) If you have any questions about 1Password Families, feel free to let us know. We're happy to help get you started with things.

• Yo_Ayo
    Yo_Ayo
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an option to increase the number of people in your family past 5? I have 5 children and I missed the promotion to get an extra two members with the families subscription.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Yo_Ayo

AFAIK each additional member will be an extra $1.00 per month, past the initial limitation. That could be guest users though, hmmm... Let me dig around a little.

I am not up to that limit yet, so I cant say for 100% certain. One of the staff should get back to you soon.

• Jacob
    Options

@Yo_Ayo Looks like @thightower beat me to it. He's correct — once you pass five members, they are $1 per month for each new one. Hope that helps! :)

• Lisa_Yount
    Lisa_Yount
    Community Member
    Options

It's just me and a virtual assistant, and I wanted to add my husband as an admin as part of a recovery plan. Should I switch to a family plan?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lisa_Yount - I just replied to you in the other discussion you opened. :)

This discussion has been closed.