Custom Field Names possible in CSV import?

Options
stevenstromer
stevenstromer
Community Member

Hi, a two part question (by the way, I am using 1Password v.4 on OSX, as for other reasons, I have to stay with OS 10.9.5 for the moment).

1. I would like to import a large number of 'Login' records to 1password. The records have about six or seven custom fields that are consistent across all records. When I run a test import, everything imports perfectly. However, I can not seem to find a way to import custom field names at the same time. I've reviewed the contents of a subsequent 1password export, hoping to find 'custom field name' fields, but I am not seeing any. Is there a way to do this without manually entering custom field names on a few hundred records?

2. Within Login items, below 'Other Fields' there is an area called 'Section,' which contains 'labels.' What is the intended purpose of these fields?

Thanks, and love the app, so far!

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @stevenstromer ,

You can get custom fields names only with the csv converter. Use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread. Use the --addfields option. From the README:

Options: --addfields

By default, password manager fields that do not naturally map into 1Password fields are placed into an entry’s notes section as key:value pairs. The --addfields option will instead generate custom fields, and place them in a section named Original Fields.

All items allow custom sections that include custom fields. Use them as you see fit. You can see from the README segment above that the converter will map some into a section it named Original Fields.

• stevenstromer
    stevenstromer
    Community Member
    Options

MrC, this work is fantastic. I just downloaded version 1.10 from testing, and I will let you know how the conversion and import goes. I assume that I will not be able to use your convenient "AppleScript_Conversion_Helper," since I'll be needing the --addfields switch, correct? No worries, if so; I'm fully CLI versed. Thanks, again!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@stevenstromer ,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

You can use AppleScript helper - it will provide you a dialog box asking for additional options. Enter --addfields there.

This discussion has been closed.