Word Wrap for 1Password Entries (not just Notes field)

Options
orchetect
orchetect
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Wondering if a feature request could be put in to allow for word-wrap for long section headings and sub-entries. Even if it was:

• a preference the user could toggle, or at least:
  • an expanded field when the user mouses over it / gains text-entry focus (editing long single-line entries is a pain)

I realize some fields (notably, the Notes field) are wrapped already, but can we extend this to all other fields (and headings)?

Thanks kindly.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orchetect: Ah, I understand. While typically we don't want to ever have to read the passwords 1Password generates, certainly when creating custom fields it can be nice to set them as "password" to obscure them...but then of course you can't really read them when you want to either. This is something we can consider for a future version. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• orchetect
    orchetect
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't referring to the password, I was referring to how headers and various single-line entries don't line-wrap. (Notes being an exception). I'd like all fields to line-wrap.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I'm sorry that I misunderstood after all. As mentioned, Notes are wrapped since they're specifically meant for this purpose (multi-line text), but perhaps it's an option we can add for other fields as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.