Error in firefox extension

justnishant123
justnishant123
Community Member

Hi,
I am using 1P V4 in trial version and have installed firefox add-on.
Off lately, when I click on the add-on icon on the browser, it opens a new tab, which has the error "Looking for 1 Password Helper" and "Couldn't connect to 1 Password". Following this a "Launch application" window opens.

Usually, clicking the icon brings the usual drop down, but off lately this issue is quite frequent. This is a total turn-off as it completely blocks my work.
Firefox version 51.0.1 . Not able to see add-on version coz currently it is throwing error when clicked.

Regards,
JN

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justnishant123: It sounds like something's preventing 1Password from communicating with the browser extension. Do you have "security" software or other extensions installed which may be interfering? Also, which version of Windows are you using? Thanks in advance!

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member

I am using Windows 10. I do have Adblock, disconnect, HTTPS Everywhere, No Script, Ublock Origin firefox add-ons. No Script, i allow for legitimate websites.
    But the point is, why does 1P browser extension works sometimes while at times it doesn't work, when same add-ons are there in both the cases. Like now, it's working.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justnishant123: That's a great question, but it's really hard to say with so many factors involved. 1Password always works the same way, using a local websockets connection to communicate with the browser. If anything is blocking that, it won't work, even if only periodically. The one thing I can say for certain is that if the browser has a pending update that will usually break the extension until it's completed by restarting. That's when it always happens to me. Otherwise you'll need to check your other extensions' settings and perhaps use the process of elimination to determine which one (or combination of them) may be interfering. Unfortunately 1Password cannot prevent that from happening. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.