1Password v6.5.2 for IOS -CRASHING-

Options
thrint
thrint
Community Member

So I just a few minutes ago downloaded the update to 1Password for IOS. So far it has crashed more than half the time, often it crashes upon launching. I've removed it from memory and rebooted the phone but still, pretty much anything I do, especially searching, causes the app to crash. How can I revert versions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• thrint
    thrint
    Community Member
    Options

Removed the app and reinstalled, reconnected to my Dropbox and let it sync. the organize tab is constantly refreshing. I have a small MOV file of it but no movie uploading is allowed...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @thrint,

I'm sorry for the difficulty. If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75388/
    as well as your forum handle:
    thrint

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• thrint
    thrint
    Community Member
    Options

let's try a gif...
    email with diagnostic info on its way...

• thrint
    thrint
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#CND-81186-929]

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem on my 3 day old iPad Pro 9.7

• Ben
    Options

@Dave729,

Please see this post (please substitute thrint's forum handle for your own Dave729). :)

@thrint

Got it. Thanks! I'll forward the log along to our development team for review.

ref: ADM-94349-818

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@Dave729

Please disregard above.

For both of you: We have identified the source of this difficulty and have already changed the code to resolve it. It will be included in the next update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    Options

Great - thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• MacGuruTX
    MacGuruTX
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, Immediate Crash after launching on 6.5.2. So essentially 1Password is now unusable on my iPhone. When will the update be coming out? or is there a way to install Beta release on my iPhone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@MacGuruTX: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! As mentioned previously in this discussion, we'll be releasing an update to address a vault refresh issue. If 1Password is crashing on your device, it's probably damaged. Please try installing a fresh copy from the App Store, as thrint did at the start and let us know if that helps.

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm still having the problem thrift showed in his gif. Reinstalling didn't do anything. Cant scroll at all. It's been a month. I'm getting pretty tired of having to pull out my Samsung phone for passwords and it makes me wonder about the reliability/availability of 1Password. If you know what the fix is, please push it out!

• Ben
    Options

@Dave729,

If you're still experiencing crashes on the latest version you're likely running into an entirely different issue, as the issue thrift reported was fixed.

If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/360577/#Comment_360577
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    Options

It'll be tomorrow before I get to my PC to do that, but note that my iPad is running 6.5.2,which is the latest in the App Store, published on feb 15, before you found the fix.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dave729: Please do! I am a bit confused though. Is 1Password crashing on your iOS device too, or are you only having a screen refresh issue? Please be specific, as the topic of this thread is a crash, which is what Ben was referring to. Either way, we'll get this sorted out, but it helps to get the specifics.

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    Options

The issue shown in the gif is what I'm experiencing. Can't scroll post the first screen. OK, logs...I realized a few minutes ago when I looked at your instructions that won't work for my windows PC, which is where iTunes is installed. Where are these files in Windows 10?

• Ben
    Options

Ah, sorry Dave729. Those instructions are indeed for Mac.

Here are alternate instructions that do not require a computer.

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75388/
    as well as your forum handle.

As a reminder: when you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• Dave729
    Dave729
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

There was no log in the list beginning with 1password_ , or with 1password anywhere in the name. To make sure we're on the same page, this is an iPad Pro 9.7 128gb, MLMW2LL/A, iOS version 10.2.1 (14D27). And sync type is Dropbox.

• Ben
    Options

Hmm... Well, that would seem to indicate that 1Password isn't actually crashing on your device. What I'd suggest at this point is disabling Dropbox sync on all of your devices, see if the problem still exists, and then re-enable it. Hopefully simply disabling and re-enabling it resolves the issue, but if it does not we'll continue to investigate. In the mean time you may want to consider switching to a 1Password account, which does not rely on Dropbox for syncing.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.