Fail to migrate data from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6

Options
AVSA
AVSA
Community Member

I am having difficulty migrating data from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6. I have tried to use the instructions at https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/ without success -

Used WiFi to export a file with the extension of .1ptbackup, then imported it using iTunes and the advanced import feature, got an error "The file you are trying to import is not in a format 1Password can understand"

1Password Version: 3.6.2 and 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AVSA,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I believe the problem may be caused by the fact that you're using 1Password 3.6.2, instead of the latest 3.7.2. The instructions require 3.7.2. Please open the App Store > Updates > Purchases screen, and scroll (don't search) until you find 1Password 3. Please try installing the update to 3.7.2 and then re-follow the steps from there.

Ben

• AVSA
    AVSA
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben, for the support.

Found that entry...
    The button alows only to 'open' the current installed version and hiting the icon opens an empty app page that is loading forever.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AVSA: That's really weird that the App Store wouldn't offer you the more recent update. Definitely try restarting your device, as that isn't normal at all. If you're still unable to install the latest 1Password touch/Pro app from your purchase history, shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com and we'll see if there's another workaround you can try. Just include a link to this discussion and post your Support ID here so we can find it right away and get back to you sooner.

• AVSA
    AVSA
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brenty.

Email sent and my support ID is [#MQB-93397-732]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AVSA: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: MQB-93397-732

• AVSA
    AVSA
    Community Member
    Options

Following Steve C. Joyner instructions I managed to install v3.7.2 and from there support documentation guides thru an easy migration to v6.5.2.

THANK YOU ALL. Superb support :)

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update @AVSA! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.