1Password does not enter username [Citi login form issue]

Mancolt
Mancolt
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I cannot get 1Password to log me in to citi.com to access my credit card. It inputs the password without issue, but will not input the username. I've tested in both Firefox and Chrome. I also tested airbnb to see if that worked, and 1Password had no issues logging into airbnb. The below extension version is Chrome. Firefox extension is: 4.6.3

It appears to work fine on other sites. Firefox also appears to automatically submit my credentials, but when using Chrome, it does not automatically submit after clicking 1Password to input my information.

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.693
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@Mancolt: I can't be 100% certain since you didn't include the URL, but it sounds like you're using a problematic Citi login page which clears out the username field after 1Password fills it. Unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to work around this particular problem.

Fortunately there's a better way. Just follow these steps to save a new login:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Submit the login form and save it in 1Password when prompted

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the quick response. I just tried using that portal, but I get a General Error ("We've had a problem processing your request.") message right now when trying to access via Chrome. This seems to occur whether I navigate to that link above without any 1Password assistance, or if I use the 1Password browser extension to jump directly to the site. However, when I try that same URL in Internet Explorer, it took awhile to load, but it eventually did. Is that link you provided known to not play well with Chrome? Since there is no 1Password browser extension for Internet Explorer, that's not an option.

I was previously using the automatic redirect from citi.com (which is https://online.citi.com/US/login.do).

Also, is there a list of alternative web addresses that one should use to log in to certain sites? I have the same issue with PNC bank (www.pnc.com) because it seems to always prompt for the Username on one page, and then the password on another.

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member

Ignore the first part of my previous post. On a different PC (still using Chrome, though), that link works without any issues. I may need to update to the latest version of Chrome on the other PC, or just restart that computer.

I'm still curious:
    1. Is there a list of alternative web addresses to access common sites?
    2. Is there an alternative way to access PNC Bank (www.pnc.com) specifically?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

1) Is there a list of alternative web addresses to access common sites?

@Mancolt: Definitely not. If Citi has taught me anything, it's that they probably don't have a list either — it changes frequently. :lol:

2) Is there an alternative way to access PNC Bank (www.pnc.com) specifically?

We got lucky with this one. Clicking the "Login" button without bothering to enter anything helpfully takes us to a slightly-easier-to-manage login page (rather than the popup login form in the corner on the main page):

https://www.onlinebanking.pnc.com/alservlet/OnlineBankingServlet

Unfortunately it looks like we're stuck with a login process split across multiple pages. I don't have an account with them so I can't test, but this guide may help:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Let me know what you find!

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks. I've been reading the help articles and links, but almost none of them seem to apply. It's as though all of them were written for an entirely different version of 1Password than I have (which is the latest one, I think). I've tried following the instructions on that "Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages" article, which are as follows:
    1. Type in your username, but do not sign into the site or advance to the next page.
    2. Click on the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar.
    3. Unlock your vault if required. Then click on: Settings > Save new Login.

I have no issues with #1 and #2, but step #3 is different for me: I do not have a "Save new Login" option when I click on settings. Chrome only shows "Options", "Open 1Password", "Password Generator", "Lock", and "1Password 6.3.359d".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mancolt: Sorry about the confusion there. The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't all some of these options yet. Instead of step 3, you can press Enter and 1Password should offer to save the login for you. However, this can be problematic on some sites, so you might have better luck trying something slightly different. I think you might benefit from creating a "generic" (for lack of a better term) login by hand in the main 1Password app itself:

1. Open the main 1Password app
    2. Create a new Login item
    3. Fill in the username, password, and website fields
    4. Save it and try it in the browser

In this case, since 1Password has no information about the page, it won't be trying to fill the form it originally saved even if it changes. It will just do its best to find a username and password field. Period. I don't have an account to test this with though, so let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.