Will the UWP app comes back?

I use my Windows computer mostly as a tablet, but the desktop 1Password 6 app is acting weird - sometimes i cant even see the password field or the the whole interface. So will the UWP app comes back?
Also, last year November Microsoft team says they were working with AgileBits to bring 1Password to Edge. Will this be released soon?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @BXIA,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

We are working hard to bring UWP app back, but I don't have any dates for you. The same is true for your second question about 1Password Extension for Microsoft Edge. Please check this reply from Mike in another thread, where he shares the status.

I wish I had more information for you at this point. We are waiting for UWP app and Edge extension ourselves. :)

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Question showing my ignorance: What is UWP?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: I hope no one would fault you for not knowing, or forgetting, every last thing Microsoft comes up with. ;)

UWP stands for Universal Windows Platform, which is meant to have apps that can be downloaded from the Windows Store and run on any Windows 10 device — including PCs, tablets, phones, and whatever else Microsoft decides (Xbox One? HoloLens? Who knows!) This grew out of the Windows Phone platform and its touch-friendly "Metro" UI, morphed a bit with Windows 8, and then we've ended up here with Windows 10 and its more "Modern" UI paradigm.

Hopefully that helps a bit, but really you could spend an entire weekend on this if you wanted to. Cheers! :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks. You answered my question.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: :+1:

Feel free to reach out to us with any questions, we are here to help. Have a great day out there!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jfalkingham
    jfalkingham
    Community Member

I'm happy to hear you guys are working on bringing a new UWP app. The alpha app on win mobile is all but dead for me. Keep up the great work.

• Hi @jfalkingham,

It will be limited to the Windows 10 mobile, so the Windows 8.1 (what the 1Password Alpha was built for) wouldn't be supported anymore. You can still find the old versions in the Library section for Windows Store app if you've downloaded it before.

This discussion has been closed.