Why am I getting a console error every second?

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member

I am getting a console error every second indicating a problem with com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper
I am running 1Password 6. Not sure what this '4' helper is. How do I stop it? I just downloaded the latest update (to fix the connection issue).
It appears to be something related to failed to find Safari-Extension:

Sat Feb 18 22:57:57 2017| 655000 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7ff32bd549c0):] E findExtensionProcessForPort: | Failed to find extension process for 'safari-extension://com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2bua8c4s2c:51550', my PID: 927, invalid output: '927
', apps found: (
)

Please help!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.5 (655000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Console log on OSX is showing error every second

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried to re-install the Safari browser extension. When I click on the installer I get:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I removed the existing extension and was able to install the new one successfully. But I am still getting the errors every second in my console log. Here is the extension:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Here is what I'm seeing the console log:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@ajahn: Sorry for the confusion! com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2bua8c4s2c is our identifier with Apple for all modern versions of 1Password. If you didn't have that, you'd be in trouble. (Also, the extension is currently at 4.x.) ;)

Do you perhaps have multiple users logged in, with multiple copies of 1Password trying to connect to the browser extension? Knowing the extension version (which you left out of your original post) may also help us track down the cause. Thanks in advance! :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi brenty, thanks for the response. I have two users on my iMac that are using 1Password. We are both using the same instance, but have our own browsers (Safari and Chrome) that use the plugin/extension. It might be possible that we are both using different plugin versions, but I'll have to check when I get home. When I log in as the other user (my wife's account) I don't see this error in the console logs. I only see it when I'm logged in to my account. It seems to be related to the Safari browser, because I also use it in Chrome and there isn't anything in the logs referring to Chrome.

What should I do to fix this issue?

Thanks

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Bump.... Can someone suggest a fix for this issue? Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

I'm sorry you're still getting those console errors! Just to make sure I understand, are you also having trouble using the 1Password extension in Safari? Or does that work correctly despite the console errors?

Please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then try using the extension in Safari again. Do you still get the console errors? If so, reboot your Mac, then try it again to see if that makes any difference.

Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG. Yes, the extension works fine. The constant (many log entries within a second) is causing slow downs. I have tried rebooting and it continues. The error is interesting:

my PID: 927, invalid output: '927
    ', apps found: (
    )

What is apps found: ()? What is this process id? Like I mentioned, my wife uses the extension in both Safari and Chrome (on her account - same Mac). I also use it on Safari and Chrome in my account. There are no log errors in her account, just in mine. I will try your suggestions tonight when I get home, and re-post. No issues with Chrome by the way. And yes, the extensions work in each browser.

There is one interesting fact that might mean something. On my wife's account, she ran into a problem where the mini could "not connect". After a google search I found a new version and downloaded it and installed it (on her account). I did not encounter the same error in my account. Maybe her new version is different than the one I am using... Should I try installing that same version?

Thanks for responding. I thought you guys forgot about me :-)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the following in my console:

2/24/17 10:11:48.817 AM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[4670]: 661010 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7fce53b05330):] E findExtensionProcessForPort: | Stopping connection since no PID was found to validate the other side of the connection.

2/24/17 10:12:03.475 AM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[4670]: 661010 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7fce51461ad0):] M webSocketForURI: | [ES4] Extension connected Safari-Extension 'safari-extension://com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2bua8c4s2c / (null)'

Any ideas? I just got the latest version of 1Password and reinstalled the Safari extension.

In Chrome, my extension is 4.6.3.90

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.1
    Extension Version: 4.6.3
    OS Version: 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:Stopping connection since no PID was found to validate the other side of the connection

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

Regarding the recent "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" error, that was fixed in the latest update, which you said you installed on your wife's Mac user account. Apps in the Applications folder are shared by each Mac user account on the same Mac, so that means you're also using the latest update and won't need to worry about that problem. If you're interested, you can find more information about that issue in this announcement which is currently at the top of our Mac forum: Trouble launching or updating 1Password for Mac (website version)

As for the console errors, to help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks for responding. I thought you guys forgot about me :-)

Sorry about that! We certainly didn't forget about you, but sometimes it takes us a little longer to respond. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

I just noticed you started a new/separate thread earlier today for the same problem we've been discussing over the past few days in this existing thread, so I merged them together. No need to have multiple threads open for the same problem, as that will just cause confusion. Cheers! :)

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about the duplicate posts. I just created the Diagnostic report and emailed it off. I did reference this thread.

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @ajahn! I took a quick look in our system but I didn't find a new email from the address from your forum account. Did you receive an automated response from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the support ID from that email so we can track your report down and make sure it gets answered as quickly as possible.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, looks like it picked my other email address to send it.
    [#WHW-95582-274] 1Password 5 Diagnostics Report

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WHW-95582-274

This discussion has been closed.