1Password is suddenly not working, nor is the extension. It closes out without action by me.

Options
21hummingbirds
21hummingbirds
Community Member

1Password and its extension are suddenly not working on my MacBook Pro. It has been working up until I turned on my computer today. My account still works on my Mac and iPhone.
I get a statement that "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please quit 1Password and start it again." All items in the dropdown is greyed out and won't allow me to update it.
I have already uninstalled the extension and reinstalled, then restarted my computer without success; I still get the same error statement.
Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password not working

Comments

• 21hummingbirds
    21hummingbirds
    Community Member
    Options

1Password and its extension are suddenly not working on my MacBook Pro. It has been working up until I turned on my computer today. My account still works on my Mac and iPhone.
    I get a statement that "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please quit 1Password and start it again." All items in the dropdown is greyed out and won't allow me to update it.
    I have already uninstalled the extension and reinstalled, then restarted my computer without success; I still get the same error statement.
    Can you please help me?
    Thank you in advance!

• STF4
    STF4
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having exactly the same issue on my MacBook Pro. All is okay on my iMac, but I've had it running for a few days, and am now afraid to reboot it.

• STF4
    STF4
    Community Member
    Options

I just saw this in the Knowledge Base, and am going to try it.

If you're seeing "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini", here is what you need to do:

Quit 1Password
    Open Finder and go to your Applications folder
    Move 1Password to the Trash
    Enter your macOS password if prompted
    Download and install this version

1Password should now launch normally.

• STF4
    STF4
    Community Member
    Options

That solved the problem for me! :-) I hope it works for you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@21hummingbirds @STF4 if you are still having problems please read the first post in this thread in the 1Password for Mac forum. Note that you'll get faster help if you post about 1Password for Mac problems in that forum. This forum concentrates on 1Password for iOS.

Stephen

• 21hummingbirds
    21hummingbirds
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you STF4 and Stephen. That worked like a champ!

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I've moved this to our Mac forum, it is unrelated to iOS. The post Stephen_C linked to should help (thanks Stephen!). If you're still having difficulties please follow up here. :)

Ben

• brianmoyano
    brianmoyano
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I can't believe that this info wasn't mass-spreaded via email or something. I just spent all the morning trying to fix this error. I was just about deleting my account because couldn't make it work.

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    Options

Corrected my problem

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

@brianmoyano wrote "I can't believe that this info wasn't mass-spreaded via email or something".

I agree. Judging by the number of different threads on the same problem all over the net, Agilebits should have mass emailed their databases about it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@machineage11: I'm glad that Stephen_C was able to assist! :)

@mikebore, @brianmoyano: That's not something we're prepared to do, both philosophically and practically, as we don't have a customer email database as you imagine; rather, we have an opt-in email list, and the blog (where we posted more information about this issue, with more to come), which is also inherently opt-in. And, as you can probably also imagine, we have been focused (and continue to be) on addressing the problem. I'm really sorry if you were also affected by this, and please let us know if you continue to have any further issues. We're here for you! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.