Update from 6.3.352 to 6.3.370 failing

bpollack
bpollack
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Right now, 1Password knows it's out-of-date, but clicking "Update" fails. I can see the installer popping up for a very brief moment, but it disappears instantly, doesn't upgrade, and 1Password does not relaunch. When I launch it again manually, it again tells me it's out-of-date.

I have a link to manually download at least 6.3.360, so I can probably unwedge myself, but I wanted to hold here in case I can provide you any additional information or diagnostics.

1Password Version: 6.3.352
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Pass Account

Comments

• @bpollack sorry for the inconvenience, we are in the process of migrating to new installer technology. Everyone who got updated to 6.3.359/6.3.360 automatically can get next updates automatically too. Everyone else can run installer directly by downloading it from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6 (make sure you check Show Betas flag to see it).

Feel free to run 6.3.370 installer, it will clean up older versions and install app correctly. This is one time pain, once you have newer installer you will receive new updates as usual. Hope that helps :)

• bpollack
    bpollack
    Community Member

I figured it might be something like that. Thanks for the heads-up; upgrading manually to 6.3.360 did indeed allow things to upgrade cleanly again to 6.3.370.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

bpollack: On behalf of Sergey you are welcome!

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.