1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini [Fixed in version 6.5.5]

12346»

Comments

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member

@roustem In the blog post it says, "We knew our developer certificate was going to expire on Saturday, but thought nothing of it because we believed those were only necessary when publishing a new version. Apparently that’s not the case...".
    Earlier in the thread you ask another forum member what they would have done. What I would have done is to test the assumption that nothing would break: disable the automatic time update (or disable internet connectivity), change the date to one after the certificate expiration and see what happens.

• chasan
    chasan
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

i got this message and then 1Password would not open
    `

interesting my wife and i have identical iMac 27's both running Sierra 10.12.3

and we have the same 1Password account synced to Dropbox

1Password would not open on my iMac due to this recent issue
    but version 1Password 6.5.3 continued to work fine on my wife's

i just used ( Feb 21-2017 at 9:30 EST) the new download

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

and it resolved the problem without having to first trash the 1password app.

all seems to be ok again.... now running 1Password 6.5.5 on my iMac

should i update her's as well or leave it as it is with 6.5.3 as there are no problems with it ???

i will open my MacBookAir ( also running Sierra 10.12.3 ) later and see if there are any 1Passowrd issues there

thanks for the quick fix

fortunately 1password kept working on my iPhone
    so i had access to all my info

~

• roustem
    edited February 2017

@lpn This is very smart! We should probably start doing this from time to time.

However, note that in this particular case it would be much harder to recreate this issue. When we started getting the crash reports, a lot of us were still able to run 1Password without a problem. Our guess is that, macOS is also somehow caching the validation check.

EDIT: You can see it from the @chasan's post above ^^^

• Hi @chasan,

Thank you for reporting this! You should update your wife's version as well. We expect that it will stop working at some point when macOS cache expires.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nekoninda: You're absolutely right. We were so focused on solving the problem that we overlooked ways we could have better communicated and suggested workarounds like that. Hindsight is 20/20, and we'll have to learn from this experience and do better next time. Though right now our focus is to make sure there isn't a next time, I think we need to operate as if there will be, and plan accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive criticism. :blush:

• RJS
    RJS
    Community Member

1Password will not open, the app is in my applications folder, and I've tried to follow all the instructions for the error “1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini”

HELP!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1Password will not open

• Hi, @RJS.

I've merged your post with the thread that discusses this issue. You can read through the comments here if you'd like, but here's an article we've written up to help you get going again:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

• RJS
    RJS
    Community Member

Hi Rob,

I've read the article ... still isn't allowing me to connect.

RJS

• Hi, @RJS. What version of 1Password for Mac are you using?

• RJS
    RJS
    Community Member

Hi Rob,

I downloaded 1Password again (version 6.6.1), and now I can open it, and the mini ap is working.

So, I think we're good!

Thanks,

RJS

• Perfect. Thanks for the update, @RJS! :)

This discussion has been closed.