To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to manage reward accounts

Options
tonyx
tonyx
Community Member

There is an account type in 1Password for Reward cards. However more often than now the reward cards also have website login associated with them. I can see three options
1) Use the login account type, save reward card info as a field
2) use the reward card type, save login info as a field
3) Create two accounts, one for reward card and one for online login for the reward card.

None of the options seem that ideal. i'm wondering how do other people do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonyx - Thanks for raising that question, it's a good one! I agree that this kind of situation where items fall into two categories can be tricky to handle. I've solved this by creating two items, one for the website and one for the card. Then I linked the two items, so I know they belong together. I've found several advantages of doing so: it's easy to log in to the card companie's website, because there is a dedicated login item. To locate items I use the search feature 99 out of 100 times, and both entries will come up if I do so. If I happen to select the wrong item, the right item is just a click away.

In case you need a quick refresher on how to link items: Open one of the items in Edit mode, then locate the Related Items section and click Link Existing to search for an item to link. Click Save and the link is established.

I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.