Windows 1password app vault list (in drop down menus) is not alphabetical making it hard to use

orangevan
orangevan
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I am prompted to SAVE a new password using the Chrome extension I am prompted to select a vault, that dropdown list is not alphabetical making it hard to find the desired vault. Also this exists in the mini app as well/ pretty much any time you have a dropdown to choose which vault to use for saving. For searching, it is alphabetical. I have many vaults under our company and the sort order appears random to me. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 6.3.359d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @orangevan,

Thanks for writing in.

This will be improved in future updates. The very good news is that 1Password 6.4 beta 1 is coming soon with search in the vault selector within 1Password mini. We will implement it for the auto-save dialog and the main 1Password app in a future update.

• orangevan
    orangevan
    Community Member

That's excellent. Search in there is even better!

Also it would be great if we could add webform details to an existing item in the vault some how.

• Hi @orangevan,

Web form details are not something that users should be doing anything with, that's imported by the 1Password extension only. I assume you mean the ability to save Login manually without submitting the form. That's coming after we finish redesigning 1Password mini in 1Password 6.4.

• orangevan
    orangevan
    Community Member

what i mean is say im saving a password on a website and i already have the item in my vault (but missing web form details) i'd want to add the web form details to an existing item sometimes instead of creating a new item.

• Hi @orangevan,

Right, there will be an option within the Save Login dialog to update an existing Login and it will add the extra web form details for you automatically.

However, web form details are not meant to be used by users directly, you cannot add an extra field and expect it to work, the 1Password extension will not accept any custom values.

We are looking into the possibility of updating the extension to support custom web fields but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• orangevan
    orangevan
    Community Member

Thats excellent. Thanks Mike!

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @orangevan,

We've just shipped 1Password 6.4 beta 1, the vault selector is now sorted correctly in all 1Password views, Personal > Alphabetical > Shared/Team.

This discussion has been closed.