Difficulty logging into 1Password from Windows client

Options

I'm having an issue similar to the "Matty" in the forum title "Can't login to 1Password desktop application after creating new account". I can log into 1Password via the web and from my iOS device just fine, but after installing the Window client and attempting to log in, the login attempt itself seems to take a long time to respond (presumably, it's retrying) and then eventually fails. In the forum title I referenced, someone provides instructions to save 1Password events via Event Viewer to a log file, which I've done. I'm prepared to mail them off if instructed to do so. If you have any other direction to provide, I'd appreciate it. I am attempting to do this from my company laptop and we do have personal firewall software installed (Check Point Endpoint Security), but perhaps from the logs, you can identify what I need to feedback to our network security folks if, in fact, that's the problem.

1Password Version: 6.3.359
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Win7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Web/Subscription

Comments

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue. I have made a lot of changes to the 1Password 6, version 6.3.359, but the changes are sitting in the Offline Changes section. I noticed every time I make a change and click save, a small red dialog pops up on the bottom left hand side of the screen that says, authentication error, please sign in again. No matter how many times I sign it, this issue persists. If I click on this dialog, it takes me to the sign in page for the Windows client. I noticed that both the Sign-in Address field and the Account Key field is incorrect. I am able to make the necessary corrections to both fields and it logs me in successfully. However, when I go to make a change again and click save, I get the exact same red dialog box and the issue repeats itself. This is extremely annoying. Please help me resolve this issue.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jgoldstein,

I am really sorry for the troubles with 1Password!

I've found a couple of emails from you on our side and replied to you there. Please send those Event Viewer logs in a return email, they will be really helpful. Thank you in advance!

==

Hi @RiderXTC,

First of all, could you please specify, have you changed your account credentials recently? It seems that 1Password 6 has old info, that is why you see that auth error. To get a better idea of what is going on I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

==

I am sure we will get to the bottom of these issues together. I will be looking forward to your emails.

Cheers,
    Greg

• jgoldstein
    jgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

The Support ID for my request is #XXW-71235-216

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@jgoldstein: Found it! We will reply to your email as soon as possible. Thanks! :+1:

ref: MFZ-72719-279

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

The support ID for my request is #UPZ-68751-454.

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

I should mention that this is happening on multiple Windows computers. My Mac devices and iOS devices are fine. Also, please remember that I mentioned above that I am using 1Password for Teams and changed my access URL after 1Password was already installed on all of my Windows devices. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on a couple of these devices but it is still pulling in the incorrect URL and account key.

Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@RiderXTC: Thank you for the report! We will get back to you via email soon. :)

ref: UPZ-68751-454

This discussion has been closed.