Make password editing less painful?

Options

It would be a simple matter to edit the password record in the display form. The list that pops up when you click edit is ghastly and confusing, from my perspective of thirty years a programmer.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Onedrive

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jchasko,

Thank you for getting in touch! :+1:

I see that you are using 1Password 4 for Windows. Right now we are building a new app for Windows, 1Password 6, and here is how editing looks there:

However, 1Password 6 for Windows is currently focused on 1Password accounts and does not fully support local vaults. I would recommend you to try 1Password account, though, because it has lots of advantages over local vaults:

Why account?

If you have any questions about it, please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jchasko
    jchasko
    Community Member
    Options

Your app is insanely flakey in Win 7, besides the horrible editing and clunky behavior. I'm certainly not paying $60 a year in hopes that you finally got it right. That's a crazy price when for a hundred bucks I get all of Office 365 and a terabyte of Cloud each for five users ! I've been thinking of changing, anyway. What a pain.

• Hi @jchasko,

We certainly do understand that, we wouldn't want you to pay for something that you cannot use.

However, I do want to mention that 60$ a year price is for 1Password.com Families, meaning you can share it with 5 family members. Each family member gets access to all 1Password apps on all platforms, 1GB of secure storage per member, access to 1Password.com web app, sync/backup included and more. There's also one month trial included as well.

We do offer Individuals at 2.99$ as well.

• jchasko
    jchasko
    Community Member
    Options

You don't listen any better than you guys program. I was comparing your $60 family plan to the $100 O365 family plan, which includes hundreds or thousands of dollars in software. But, no, I would never pay $48 a year for one account, either. The present value of your family plan payments is $400. You seriously think your software is worth $400?

Don't bother to waste both of our times with a response.

• I'm sorry if I've misunderstood you but I was explaining the value of the service, which doesn't just include software costs. If we go by software prices only, than every software on the market has to be cheaper than 100$ per year simply because Microsoft could afford to offer that.

However, as you wish, I won't go further.

This discussion has been closed.