Windows v4 upgrade to v6 minor annoyances

Options
David Spink
David Spink
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just upgraded from the "old" v4 standalone to 1Password for Teams last night - overall, loving what you've done with it. But a couple of things:

Firstly - i didn't understand that I wasn't getting the newest/best version of 1Password by sticking with my v4 - I understood that you had introduced the Family and Team plans, etc, but not until I visited the website did I realise it was a whole new ball-game with the subscription plans, etc. Love 1Password and am delighted to actually be paying you some money for your ongoing efforts!

Now for the niggles:

1) The Chrome extension used to have a "Favourites" sub-menu which I used as a small "bookmarks" area for frequently visited websites. It doesn't seem to have that anymore. So now I have to click the icon, type part of the site I want, then click the result. Previously I could do it all with the mouse - no typing required.

2) Why does the browser extension return matches from all categories? Surely i only want logins, rather than notes, etc too.

3) When editing Notes, which I use extensively, the textbox doesn't word-wrap (and also expanding the window doesn't make the textbox wider?). However when it's out of editing mode it DOES wordwrap. So if I type a long sentence I have to break it by pressing ENTER so I can see it all - which looks terrible when out of editing and wordwrap and my manual line-breaks are both used.

EDIT: Just tried editing a note on my work computer, which has a bigger screen, and I see the note editing textbox does expand when made wider, I stand corrected.

Thanks!

David

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1607
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Hi @David Spink,

Thanks for writing in.

The reason you haven't been aware about 1Password 6 for Windows is because it is not yet an upgrade to 1Password 4, we're still working on implementing more features before it becomes an upgrade and you can bet we'll be announcing it to everyone when it is more complete. 1Password 6 is a brand new codebase, so not all features are implemented yet but we're working as fast as possible.

The good news is that the upcoming 1Password 6.4 update, which is available right now as a beta build, will have a redesigned 1Password mini, which looks like this right now:

This is just beta 1, we're hoping to add more categories including Favorites, tags and more soon.

1) The Chrome extension used to have a "Favourites" sub-menu which I used as a small "bookmarks" area for frequently visited websites.

As part of the redesign, it will enable Favorites sooner. We're perfecting the design first before we add more filters on the sidebar.

2) Why does the browser extension return matches from all categories? Surely I only want logins, rather than notes, etc too.

Initially because the 1Password mini doesn't have filtering implemented but it will now soon in the upcoming 1Password 6.4 update as mentioned.

If you want to give it a try, there's an option to enable the beta builds in your Settings > Options > Updates via the main 1Password app.

• David Spink
    David Spink
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent - will head over and try out the Beta thanks :)

• You're welcome and let us know how you like it so far.

This discussion has been closed.