Item search not showing login in browser extension

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
first of all, I hope this is not a Layer8-Problem.
Here's what I tried:

• open 1Password Browser extension
  • have category "Logins" open
  • search for a login (for a different site, e.g. I'm on google.com and search for github)
  • github is not showing in the "logins" category, but only in the "All Items" category.

My expectation would be, that it should show in the "Logins" category too.
Am I using this wrong?

1Password Version: 6.4.375d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.b3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Item search not showing login

Comments

• tylex
    tylex
    Community Member

I have the same issue.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi guys,

@manaburner,

Are you going to Github's login page first? If not, 1Password will not show anything until there's an existing Login item for the site you're on. In other words, it doesn't search the whole database in the Logins category by default, it is limited to the site you're on, you may notice it said this on the bottom of 1Password mini, like filling in chrome for discussions.agilebits.com.

If you want to see all Login items and search it, use Control + Alt + \ to bring it up in the database mode, rather than the filling mode.

We do want to improve this by showing both the matched Logins on top and the bottom group would show the rest of Login items matching the search term for you, which would open the site directly for you rather than filling it. This will be implemented in a future update but it is not a part of this redesign in 1Password 6.4 yet.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    No, I wasn't on Github. When I'm there, 1P is showing the corresponding login.

So if I understand you right, the search in the "Logins" category is more like filtering for logins fitting the current website and not a global search?

• Hi @manaburner,

So if I understand you right, the search in the "Logins" category is more like filtering for logins fitting the current website and not a global search?

Precisely. It is definitely confusing and we will improve this by adding "local search" on top while including "global search "on bottom in the same view, like the way we do it on macOS.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    ok thank you that explains it. Looking forward to the changes you mentioned :-)

• You're welcome.

Looking forward to the changes you mentioned :-)

So is the rest of the team. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.